Busses - mixing down - best approach

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

kdgh wrote:short decay times also glue. Too much hall will make your mix ... too much hall...

sor vary in lengths and sort's of verbs.
but the point is that you dont hear it, you dont use TOO MUCH, or maybe you didnt read what i said before. i'm not talking about the individual reverbs you put on things, this is something else.
this is a well known technique which has been used in recording studios for decades , its not my idea.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

yes but even then you should try different verbs otherwise the elements will be in the same kind of distance. I read what you said, no doubt.

Even it's a common technique to just use 1 verb. Try 2 or 3 instead for the hack of it. For me it works tho.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

^^^

but what you do is you also put the different reverbs on your individual elements, this is technique is in addition to that, and you have to use the same reverb, and it has to be a fairly long decay and Hall is best, the important thing is that you dont notice the reverb, it has to be such a small amount of reverb that you wouldnt notice it unless you take it away.

however you would notice the other reverbs on your sounds.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

steevio wrote:^^^

but what you do is you also put the different reverbs on your individual elements, this is technique is in addition to that, and you have to use the same reverb, and it has to be a fairly long decay and Hall is best, the important thing is that you dont notice the reverb, it has to be such a small amount of reverb that you wouldnt notice it unless you take it away.

however you would notice the other reverbs on your sounds.
yea individual for creative purpose. Tho a bit funny that you say 'you have to use the same verb'. Making rules won't break barriers. Of course it works, but i can tell you it also works with short verbs and different verbs. Not only a hall.

It has indeed to be in a small amount just noticable or not noticable (whatever you feel like).
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

jeez sometimes this is hardwork.

mate, i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just talking about a very specific well known simple technique thats been used for years,

of course theres thousands of ways to do anything, ive said myself in this thread at least twice already, why are we arguing ? i'm talking about one technique, youre talking about another.... :)
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

indeed it's hard work cause i wasn't offending u. Just want to spread more possibilities in 1 topic before some think thats the only solution ;-)