MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

it's a chaotic process for me, but i grow out of music all the time. some artists, like swayzak, i find myself always coming back to after years later, still loving it as much as when i first heard it. other stuff like vnv nation or assemblage 23 was great for 5-6 years, and then out of nowhere i just could not listen anymore. i've bought so many cd's that i just don't like at all these days : | this is part of why i rarely buy cd's ever
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AVX23 wrote:
hydrogen wrote:this thread is dumb.
ahh - I never miss you turning your nose up at everyone ;)
:D
AVX23 wrote: If you are going to be a producer - then you need to be aware of all that entails, so this is definately the place a thread like this should be, I cannot see any logic that would contradict that.

like i say - make a bum track - people gonna give their opinion....
I guess there is no nice way about doing this...

Along with some of the others here, i really like marco carolas early 2000's music... question series!! what!? :) Forgetting to mention that this stuff shaped a lot of the techno for the years to come... for good or for bad.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

aye man, was a bit of a barbed review, but that's the thing, it's not going to effect his career, this is more just the underground going - be off with you carolla - you are no longer in the club ;) heheheh

I'd definately disagree that he 'shaped' anything, I don't mean that argumentatively, I just mean it needs put in context.

He's a DJ, I'd never have him pegged as a serious techno 'artist', like others have said - he's always been a DJ and produces tools to play.

So he's definately not on the same level in terms of shaping music as people like mike inc, maurizio, mills, aphex twin, hawtin even, his stuff throughout 2000 and way before has always been following other producers - mills, sims etc, wheras later, he began to fit into that m_nus mould where he's obviously thought sleeparchive was the way to go, similarly - going by this recent record, he's trying to make super-stripped down perlon records, but in my opinion (and many others) - falling waaaaay off the mark.

Mark my words - he'll do one that sounds like dettmann soon enough, and I'll be waiting on the sidelines with the others to jeer at him and tell him he's 5 years too late ;)
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

AVX23 wrote: Mark my words - he'll do one that sounds like dettmann soon enough, and I'll be waiting on the sidelines with the others to jeer at him and tell him he's 5 years too late ;)
bull...
AVX23 wrote:he's always been a DJ and produces tools to play.
amen.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

miro pajic wrote:
AVX23 wrote: Mark my words - he'll do one that sounds like dettmann soon enough, and I'll be waiting on the sidelines with the others to jeer at him and tell him he's 5 years too late ;)
bull...
lets wait and see. i think AVX23 has a valid prodiction.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

thing is though, he doesn't need to start making ben klock style music. he already has his place in this scene, he doesn't need to change.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

exactly, why would Carola start copying Klock, when he's one of the dj's with a distinct style of his own. Hell, even Ben Klock in 2011 doesn't sound like the Ben Klock of a year or two ago.

Whatever happens, I'm already glad that music is becoming a bit harder again after the massive overdose of 8bit-oslo-cadenza-cecille bongo house I have been subjected to the past years. So if Carola wants to come up with some quality techno, I'm all for it. Passé or fashionable or not, I think that most music is just a variation to something already done, all this "innovating music" ranting just makes me chuckle.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

who. f*cking. cares?
everyday there's tons and tons of other more interesting music to discover.
people should stop giving attention to crap. every second you're bitching about it, you're losing time to surf beatport/hardwax/decks/boomkat/whatever to listen to good music.

hell, what am i doing here?!!

;-)