Looking for tips on starting a low key vinyl label.

- ask away
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

steevio wrote:i seem to always be spoiling the party here, but my last record was cut at Masterpiece and i wasnt impressed at all, there was someone moving some heavy equipment around above the cutting room, and you can actually hear it on the lead in.....ouch (i can only assume the lathe somehow picked up the vibrations microphonically)
You just had them re-cut it right?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Torque wrote:
steevio wrote:i seem to always be spoiling the party here, but my last record was cut at Masterpiece and i wasnt impressed at all, there was someone moving some heavy equipment around above the cutting room, and you can actually hear it on the lead in.....ouch (i can only assume the lathe somehow picked up the vibrations microphonically)
actually no, it was already being recut because there was problems from a previous cut, and i'd had enough..the release was months behind schedule, so i just moved on and left it on the vinyl, luckily you cant hear it anywhere else on the record, it just happened in the lead-in, i remember thinking at the time' WTF was that !!! i was so loud.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

steevio wrote:
Torque wrote:
actually no, it was already being recut because there was problems from a previous cut, and i'd had enough..the release was months behind schedule, so i just moved on and left it on the vinyl, luckily you cant hear it anywhere else on the record, it just happened in the lead-in, i remember thinking at the time' WTF was that !!! i was so loud.
Fucking yikes dude!!!
Where's Ron Murphy when you need him huh....
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acos1 »

Anybody have any experience with Curved Pressings in the UK. I've had the tracks mastered for vinyl and sent them the wav. Waiting on 1st test pressing now.
Signal Code Records interview. - http://mntothat.com/scr-interview/

Mix - http://vaiwuu.notlong.com