d16 Drumazone

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

damn, woulda been nice to manipulate live.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

indeed, but I heard that they want implement that in version 2.0.

what do you do with the clap sound from drumazone? I really don't like it, too sharp and not enough body. I tried a different things but I ended everytime with a good 909 clap sample. how do you folks feel about it?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

regler wrote:indeed, but I heard that they want implement that in version 2.0.

what do you do with the clap sound from drumazone? I really don't like it, too sharp and not enough body. I tried a different things but I ended everytime with a good 909 clap sample. how do you folks feel about it?
I think the problem with emulating something as popular as a 909 is that it's always going to be compared to the real thing and obviously there are going to be differences. As it stands, it's not a bad effort at all in trying to copy it but there are people who are purists and would immediately spot the differences however minor.

If they ever make another software drum machine, they should not try to emulate anything, just come up with something unique and useable.
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

::BLM:: wrote:I'm not sure if you can map the step buttons, but you can use the piano roll if you wanted to draw in the notes. I just make the patterns, then record the audio as I find it easier to create patterns using the internal sequencer.
Me too. This has really been the only method I've found useful for these plugs.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

hey I want to push this topic a bit with a new but in a way related question.
I really don't click with drumazone, my dry (!) 909 samples sound better most of the time. This is my last try with this plug-in, which is often called the best software 909. hmm...

Do you have a typical processing chain for drumazone? I tried the normal things... saturation a but of compression and eq but I never was archived something I really like. So if you have a great working combination you like to tell, I would be really happy.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

regler wrote:hey I want to push this topic a bit with a new but in a way related question.
I really don't click with drumazone, my dry (!) 909 samples sound better most of the time. This is my last try with this plug-in, which is often called the best software 909. hmm...

Do you have a typical processing chain for drumazone? I tried the normal things... saturation a but of compression and eq but I never was archived something I really like. So if you have a great working combination you like to tell, I would be really happy.
Maybe a good question for JPLS. From the videos, plastikman indicated he was invovled in recreating the plastikman sound live. I'm wondering if they used drumazon and nepheton in that setup.

He is a member of this board... if you get a response from him please post i'm curious too!
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I'm sure I read or saw R Hawtins talking about using D16's drum machines for Plasticman Live. Also spoke about ABL2. I use Drumazon and Nephaton. I don't have any special chain, normally just some EQ/LPF and maybe a touch of Comp/Gate. Transient Designer or Logic's Enveloper work well in the chain too. Anyway I recon they are good emulations, sound sweet. Cheers, Someonelikeyou.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i used nepheton a while. its a nice vsti but i prefer working with 808 samples if i want the 808 sound. nepheton is nice if you beef it up with some plugs. than the sound is more useful to my ears. but just the sound pure doesnt come really close to an 808 in my opinion.
techno made me do it