[ESL001] Plusculaar - Rumänische EP

- wax
EpicureBusiness
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [ESL001] Plusculaar - Rumänische EP

Post by EpicureBusiness »

"I must say the mastering is very poor, the whole ep is too quiet, especially the b side …"

i haven't listen to the record yet but...
i read similar voices on the LIZE001 topic... well, if you would take some time and attend to vinyl processing/mastering/dynamics then maybe you will come to the point when you realize that in the "LoudnessWar" a vinyl record couldn't/shouldn't be the winner...
and in my point of view it's pretty nice to listen to a record like this LIZE001 where the whole tracks sounds a bit "other" ... this is a own character/trademark. sadly but true most of the labels/producers want to sound "loud and clean" as a digital/mp3 release.

so i appreciate it when vinyl records are quiter but with a much wider frequency spectrum to experience ... and on big PA's the technicians should re-start to calibrate the PA with Vinyl-records and not with poor mp3's.

it could be so easy...
Esemdi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Esemdi »

Yes, side B is a bit quieter but as EpicureBusiness pointed, loudness is not a target for us. It was mastered in-house but it should only get better from now on.

Thank you!
E.
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

Esemdi wrote:
Philsen wrote:like i posted on discogs, I must say the mastering is very poor, the whole ep is too quiet, especially the b side …
That is odd, I haven't heard of people having this problem except for you. I'll look into it and see what I can do!
i had got this record with a bunch of other new records and it is was the only one where i have to put the gain up like on the family of love ep… on the b side i have to raise the gain about 1/4 over normal … that has nothing to do with perfect and loud mp3's or else (there you also can find tracks that are too quiet or with a bad mastering like on beatport), its just too quiet for me to play …
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
EpicureBusiness
mnml newbie
mnml newbie