Magda @ D.edge Brazil 14.01.2006

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

echelon wrote:Wicked :D

I got to catch >5 hours of Magda in Berlin last Sunday - she's on fire at the moment.

Thanks for sharing :)
I saw her in Leeds last saturday night (4th) as well! Top bird! :D
nvrRvd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nvrRvd »

is this copy @ 96kbs?

really muddy bass?
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I found this mix rather flat to be honest. Recently it seeems she plays a hell of a lot of minus tunes, or tracks by herself, Troy Pierce and Marc Houle. Just ends up sounding a bit samey, and with less of the interesting quirkiness that I used to love in her sets. She used to play some crazy, funky records that you had never heard of, from weird and wonderful labels, and you never knew what to expect next!! Now she seems to really limit herslf a lot more to playing minus style tracks, and records by her and her friends.
Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really prefer her mixes from a year or two ago. They just seem so much more interesting, different, quirky and unique, with a real character. The more minus records she plays, the more her sets just sound like every other dj, and she loses her edge.
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

Rich wrote:I found this mix rather flat to be honest. Recently it seeems she plays a hell of a lot of minus tunes, or tracks by herself, Troy Pierce and Marc Houle. Just ends up sounding a bit samey, and with less of the interesting quirkiness that I used to love in her sets. She used to play some crazy, funky records that you had never heard of, from weird and wonderful labels, and you never knew what to expect next!! Now she seems to really limit herslf a lot more to playing minus style tracks, and records by her and her friends.
Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really prefer her mixes from a year or two ago. They just seem so much more interesting, different, quirky and unique, with a real character. The more minus records she plays, the more her sets just sound like every other dj, and she loses her edge.
I agree a little bit...but I'm loving the M_nus sounds!
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
digitaladdicted
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitaladdicted »

excellent.. thx for magda..
synthetic. minimal. eyeware.
! D u D e !
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ! D u D e ! »

I hope this set will be better than the last I heard from her.

However, thanx for the set.
Malas Vais
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Rich, I agree with you there. Theres a set Magda's done called Fact and Fiction, and that is a perfect example of that.. I also dig the minus sound, but I much prefer when Magda plays the quirky, wonky stuff as well.. 8)
nightgrooves
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nightgrooves »

can anyone id tracks on 50th minute and 38th?
thanx guys,
regards!