some mnml soundtrack/orchestral stuff we're doing for a game

- open
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

some mnml soundtrack/orchestral stuff we're doing for a game

Post by AVX23 »

Hey , we've been working on a computer game for about 3 years now (seems a long time !!) and it's taken us on many interesting journeys.

Anyway - I won't bog you down with that, I just thought I'd share some of the work with you guys as I think you may appreciate it.

The game itself is a valve sponsored Halflife2 conversion and it's had a fair bit of hype since it kicked off (it's one of the 1st ever HL2 total conversions - eg: not just a mod)

It will eventually be released thru Steam.

Anyway - we've been doing all the SFX and most of the score, but this piece is pretty relevant to mnml as it's well - errr minimal !

Inspired by artists such as murcof/context free media (which has always driven the flow here) it's an orchestral/IDM piece dedicated to the dead.

The flowing strings move from lament to hope showing that we can be sad to loose our friends and family, but the happy thought is that they will always be with us, in the context of the game , it's almost like a praebarch (trad scottish pipe drone) in that it's to reflect the sad times of war but offer hope at the same time, although it's done with strings and electronics instead of bagpipes (even I couldn't handle the pipes !!)

Pretty deep , but that's what the game is all about - it's not just a cheap shot - it's a very well thought out game for a space shooter, and it will kick ass when it hits :)

anyway - If ur interested - you can find out more about the game here :

www.hull-breach.com

(it's not strictly a commercial project so I hope this isn't viewed as spam - I'm sharing this with ya, cos you lot are cool, not trying to sell nuthin to ya :)

And of course - you can dload the piece here :

http://www.archive.org/download/Dead_So ... Part_1.mp3

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post - I couldn't find anything that looked relevant and didn't want this to disappear into the sea of netreleases.

Would be nice to know what you think - obviously this is just a little snapshot of something far bigger, the score is a culmination of a lot of artists, filtered through myself and features all sorts of stryles, all underpinned with the same glitch/mnml sorta touches.