"LABELS" section suggestion

- open
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

i would be willing to moderate/ collect release info for a project like this.
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

this is a forum not a record shop. many record shops have rss feeds (eg juno, hardwax). soem forums on the other hand use emails to notify their users on certain stuff
the "minimal" trend has maximised
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

dou wrote:this is a forum not a record shop. many record shops have rss feeds (eg juno, hardwax). soem forums on the other hand use emails to notify their users on certain stuff
There's a diference between getting news from what a record store has in stock and a complete unbiased collection of release dates and record info. This would be without all the marketing babble they put in there to sell you the records too and would allow persons to quickly and efficiently browse what's going on.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I think this system also give more unknown labels a fair change to get attention...
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

i m not against rss feeds for sth like that, its not obligaory to use em anyway. there would have to be rules tho like a submit form & definately not sending feeds for the comments. just the first post
the "minimal" trend has maximised
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

dou wrote:i m not against rss feeds for sth like that, its not obligaory to use em anyway. there would have to be rules tho like a submit form & definately not sending feeds for the comments. just the first post
not sure what you mean, but I do this stuff all the time. essentially there would be a small group of volunteers who are keeping an eye and posting the new release info as it becomes available. no "rules" and submit forms needed.