Why vinyl can't survive

- open
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

I play vinyl in all my gigs.

I would only use digital mixing like serato/final scratch/cd to play mine or my friends tracks..that would be cool.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Berlin is still mostly vinyl oriented, but also because it is flooded with amateur djs. There is nothing more depressing on a party than hearing the same box of records by every djs on the lineup. The better djs have more scratch amps in their boxes. I dont know why, but thats the way it is. I really cant wait for vinyl to die.
freeeeeee
chrisjechorek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by chrisjechorek »

as my conversation with a music shop sales person, vynil is consdered to be a musical instrument-like a guitar. thrs sounds that vynil can make that a cd or mp3 cant ever. I guess what it comes down to is preference for me i like collecting vynils, handling them and the indentetions of beat changes, and for me the sound is deeper and more pleasing. Digital sounds too crisp to me so to the only advantage of going to digital i see is having more tracks and arranging more personaolized sets. Craig Richards refuses to go digital and hes a weekly at Fabric, from his article in DjMAg he says that if you cant put together a set from 60 records thrs something wrong with the dj. :D
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

the 'warmth' issue is to do with the psychoacoustic effects that analogue causes as compared to digital... its a smooth wave compared to descrete data...

what I reckon people should do is something very very simple...

there should be some kind of valve box you can put in line between your digital source and your mixer... the thermeonic valve response will smooth the digital source and apply the 'warmth' that people love about vinyl...

I know we can't all afford a V6 to stick in our setups, but I understand that the chinese are making some decent valve stuff at the mo, (though still not as good as oldshool valves)

its something I'd look into for sure...