The repost police

- open
Grust
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

The repost police

Post by Grust »

I can understand having a concern when duplicates of a song or a dj set are posted within a couple of days of each other....

What really grinds my crank is the repost nazis who sit on the board all day sifting through pages and pages of previous posts in the general section for something someone finds cute or funny, and the minute something (like a picture, joke, funny vid, etc) shows up again they're all over it like white on rice screaming "zomg it's a repost, get it out of here".

Chill out guys, it's all for fun. The reason some things get reposted is because not everybody may have seen it the first time.

Just my $0.02
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

reeeeeeeeeepost : http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12150

okay im done now ;) weeeeeeeeeee
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I don't think there's alot of those people on here actually.
There's forums where it's alot worse.
Last edited by Zinthek on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

Zinthek wrote:I don't there's alot of those people on here actually.
There's forums where it's alot worse.
agreed...

stop being so grade school about it. I dont think it warrants a thread of its own. :P
Grust
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Grust »

It's true there are forums that are worse, but not everybody has time to read every single post on the board.

It's more childish to cite every single incidence of a repost, whether it's done to be silly or just for the sake of getting one's post counter up or whatever.

As I said earlier, for duplicates of songs or dj/live sets, it serves a purpose to keep the clutter out of those forum sections.

In the General section, where people are here to just talk and have a good time or whatever, it's pointless. I found the post that sparked this quite amusing, and I'm sure there were people out there who hadn't seen it before.

I commend you for having the time to stay on top of all the posts on this board. I wish that my life had enough time to look through months and years of posting of thousands of members, but I don't have that luxury.

Instead, something funny was posted, I got a chuckle, and some cute words were exchanged. No harm, no foul. If the post happened to be a duplicate nobody was the wiser, and nobody really cared. It was cute enough to resurface if it was in fact a repost.

All I'm trying to say is keep the "repost" comments to the forums where people are looking for music and out of the General section.

Learn to laugh a little. Don't be one of those people that groans at every joke and says "Oh, I've heard this one before" and finish the punchline.

</rant>
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I'm an everything nazi 8)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

šupa ...