[Minus 42LP] Marc Houle - Bay Of Figs

- wax
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

JThoma wrote:I think the record pressing plants should make replacements and the distributors should replace those faulty records free of charge.
They usually do. I think it was poor planning on Richie's part. There were two ways to prevent this from happening and nothing was done about it. First, Richie could have requested dub plates from the mastering/cutting office to make sure the cut is okay. Second, once the lacquers were sent off for press the record plant sends back test presses. It's possible the test presses were perfectly fine but if it's common in most copies of the release its probably on the test presses. Regardless, I am sure Richie will make the plant aware of it. He will probably get credited back for the ruined vinyl but you guys won't. :)

Good thing I haven't been able to get this in vinyl format yet. Maybe I should just wait for the repress.
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Of course you guys can always get the company that sold you to either replace or refund this... that's the law in most places in the world anyhow.
r.i.

let the music talk
23rd Bert
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 23rd Bert »

Simply the most boring style of minimal and the most boring LP at the moment. No more words necessary.

MINUS -> :?:
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

Got my copy and its fine
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Well I finally got my copy of the the LP but to my misfortune, record side C and D are defective. Although the sound levels are pretty much the same, there is an annoying sound crackling hiss that pretty much ruins all the tracks on both sides. Production wise I think Marc Houle did a pretty good job. I don't know if it's better than Restore, but it's not that bad as some people are claiming. If it wasn't for the defectiveness of sides C and D this LP would have more potential but it is what it is unfortunately.
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Very nice LP. Finally I got my copy too... :P
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

I finally got my copy & I must've lucked out because the only side of the copy I have that shows signs of the defect is side D... which for the most part is the side I'm least interested in... So I'm not going to sweat it..

But overall I think this release is smokin'!! WAAAY better than Restore. Cool stuff.. Though, I don't know why they didn't just release these as EP's instead of making us wait so damn long.. :roll:

I actually really dig the artwork too.. Who would've though Minus would ever break their graphical mold?!