1%
Other, please tell us.
5%

Total votes: 172

Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

Ableton Live all the way. I wish Native Instruments created a DAW. I bet it'll be quite good :D
bam
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Direkt wrote:Ableton Live all the way. I wish Native Instruments created a DAW. I bet it'll be quite good :D
You might of course know this already but there's a bit of speculation about this going on in the Ableton forums just now... don't think anything's gonna happen for sure but there's a lot of people saying it would be great and it's the sort of thing they might do.

Lately I've found myself doing less and less "sequencing" as such... I'll play "live" with my Machinedrum usually using the knobs to control various things both within and outwith the MD, record it into Ableton, then what I'll do after that is more just producing than sequencing i.e. editing, maybe adding bits and pieces, mixing, etc., seems to suit me well, feels more like I'm playing an instrument. This is a fairly new approach from me but it avoids things like messing about with MIDI Sync and I can see myself at least recording the bare bones of a track then doing more to it in Live.
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

simonb wrote:
Direkt wrote:Ableton Live all the way. I wish Native Instruments created a DAW. I bet it'll be quite good :D

Lately I've found myself doing less and less "sequencing" as such... I'll play "live" with my Machinedrum usually using the knobs to control various things both within and outwith the MD, record it into Ableton, then what I'll do after that is more just producing than sequencing i.e. editing, maybe adding bits and pieces, mixing, etc., seems to suit me well, feels more like I'm playing an instrument. This is a fairly new approach from me but it avoids things like messing about with MIDI Sync and I can see myself at least recording the bare bones of a track then doing more to it in Live.

I'm getting an MD soon, and I'm looking forward to exploring this same thing
xxmmxx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xxmmxx »

in the last 7 years i've gone from fruityloops, to LIVE, and now reason...
Ableton Live to me, while easy to use has been very detrimental to my creative process... whenever i would open it up it would feel like i've just opened a copy of microsoft excel, BORING and uninspiring.. these days it's all reason and i cant get enough of it.. reason may not be the best thing for all genres but for minimal and deep house it feels like it was made especially for these genres.
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

xxmmxx wrote:in the last 7 years i've gone from fruityloops, to LIVE, and now reason...
Ableton Live to me, while easy to use has been very detrimental to my creative process... whenever i would open it up it would feel like i've just opened a copy of microsoft excel, BORING and uninspiring.. these days it's all reason and i cant get enough of it.. reason may not be the best thing for all genres but for minimal and deep house it feels like it was made especially for these genres.
I feel that Reason does too much for you, though. Even if you're loading redrum with your own samples, the processing and workflow are just too 'reasony' for me. It is more of a thing I like when I'm on the airplane or something. I feel the blankness of an unopened Ableton or Logic session is what is inspiring it can go anywhere, without so much of the DAWs personal stamp on it.
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I've been liking Studio One more and more lately.

But I'm still predominantly Live + Numerology