turntables useless now? debat

- ask away
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

patrick bateman wrote:
Utopian82 wrote: Make it into a circus and add some monkeys!!!
Circoloco

Damn!! They beat me to it. But at least I still have the monkey idea! One point to me.

As pointed out before, the problem really lies on the fact that dj's with loops and effects tend to be trigger happy. Flicking too many switches and jumping from one loop to another doesn't make it any more interesting... it follows on from the producing side where you HAVE to learn to keep it simple and let 1 idea flow for a while.

However if you have restraint and can do that hocus pocus, whilst remaining controlled and fully aware that a track in itself has been masterfully created to push the crowd in a direction, then I think you can be let into the cool gang with the crazy cool kidz! :P
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

gustafsson wrote:I'm sure a lot of producers do care. You think a Ricardo Villalobos, Theo Parrish or Carl Craig, to name a few, wouldn't care. they wouldn't care someone took a piece of their crafted piece of music and rape it by looping it and putting some delay on it? I think you're wrong.

Many of those producers SAMPLE stuff and LOOP it to make theyr tracks so in that order of thought the people who they sampled
might think the same about them....

man you kill it with every post ..

the problem is, people discussing with very different backgrounds ..

its like to try telling someone something which he or she can only aquire through experience ..

we know vinyl will not die for a long long time ..
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

if turntables are uselss to you , then you make me think that youre useless... its like saying books are useless or cars are useless idiots
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

this thread is useless
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Techno without turntables? :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:this thread is useless
right from the beginning... 8)
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

if turntables are uselss to you , then you make me think that youre useless

I am happy i make you think , by the intelegent answer and contribute u give to this thread , u seem to think once a month max.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

and you dont think at all, if you can only be creative with programs that beatmatches for you and makes everything else , you just twist some knobs and act cool
its all about the rhythm