how do you support your favorite artists?

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

How do the girls support their fave artists, that's what I'm interested in knowing... :D
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

pheek wrote:Yeah but it happens so much that you get f*cked by a promoter and don't get paid or go through a hell-experience... I think the best balance is a mix of getting some money from music sales with gigs. Not one or the other.
The sound guy is often paid after the artists and works the entire event for less than one artist brings home, so the money thing doesnt work on me. Promoters and labels burn musicians alike, no?
freeeeeee
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

i go to every show and buy every record i can afford. wen i go to a show, i get as many of my mates to come too, and just try and spread the word!
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

As I live in an area where the artists I listen to don't have so much gigs, I can't consider myself as a "supporter on gigs" (that will change when I finish my education & move away), but if they perform somewhere not too far away, Im ready to travel (and I like that).

Most of my support is reflected by word of mouth & recommending their music to other people, uploading a mix/set, and generally trying to spread information to others (especially when the artist is not well-known yet). Example - I found the Kabale und Liebe PA f*** great so I burned it to several people. And all of them liked it.
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

patrick bateman wrote:How do the girls support their fave artists, that's what I'm interested in knowing... :D
if you talk about groupies (and well, not every girl is a groupie, for chrissake!) then it's obvious how.. ;)
I own all of your candies!
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

being in uruguay just doesn´t let you buy stuff (in general) or going to gigs (because there are none).

what i do is writting in a local magazine about them, labels, releases, interviews is what i do specially (when possible) plus i am a supporter in a weekly radio show in which we invite djs from the local scene and one out of two shows i kinda am the guest to it and have a special hour dedicated to some artist that i´m fond of.
last show was matt john, today´s is sweet 'n candy.

that´s what i do trying to spread good music in the space i have accomplished.
zero.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

astro wrote:being in uruguay just doesn´t let you buy stuff (in general) or going to gigs (because there are none).

what i do is writting in a local magazine about them, labels, releases, interviews is what i do specially (when possible) plus i am a supporter in a weekly radio show in which we invite djs from the local scene and one out of two shows i kinda am the guest to it and have a special hour dedicated to some artist that i´m fond of.
last show was matt john, today´s is sweet 'n candy.

that´s what i do trying to spread good music in the space i have accomplished.
Man, that's like some minimal mother theresa sht right there. AWESOME!
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I rawk their tracks . . . ... .. .. . .. .