minimal drum kit - tips and tricks

- ask away
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

provaznik wrote:how do you do screen shots on a mac again? if i can get that right i can show you exactly how to make a kick. or at least the way that i make them.
I seem to recall that there is a program with the icon of a camera that allows you to make screenshots. Having last used a mac two years ago I don't know exaclty, but it should be in there.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

sorgenkind wrote:
provaznik wrote:how do you do screen shots on a mac again? if i can get that right i can show you exactly how to make a kick. or at least the way that i make them.
I seem to recall that there is a program with the icon of a camera that allows you to make screenshots. Having last used a mac two years ago I don't know exaclty, but it should be in there.
Just use any of the following commands to place a shiny new PDF on your desktop.

CMD + Shift + 3
This will take a screenshot of your entire screen.

CMD + Shift + 4
This will bring up a selection tool so you can make a rectangular screenshot of a certain area.

CMD + Shift + 4 + Space Bar
This will turn your cursor into a tiny camera. Use this camera to take a picture of the Dock, a menu, or a window and it will crop the background automatically for the resulting image.

Note: If you hold down the Control key during and of the above commands the image gets copied to your clipboard, ready to paste, rather than creating a PDF on your desktop.
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

i Love the Guru Vsti in Kombination with Synthetic Drums II ..... 8)
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

diefenwald wrote:Synthetic Drums II ..... 8)
do they also work with ableton live? can i load them into simpler, or sampler?
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

SD II is a sample collection of drums .... wav files ....
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

diefenwald wrote:SD II is a sample collection of drums .... wav files ....
cool 8)

i found only battery and kontakt format mentioned on the products page. if there are wave files it's all good :D
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

I use Reason i work with the ReDrum own samples from especially 808-kits. Than the tweaking starts... set the lenght of drum samples (except the kick) to very short, add some delay and a spring-reverb for some wetness. After that I use often the Dr.Rex-sampler to make the whole more complex with slices from different loops. The length of samples are really important!

One tip: dub rhythms at high speed really do very well.