m-audio torq

- ask away
DoNuTZ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DoNuTZ »

After 12 years af regular DJ'ing I decided to buy the complete Conectiv/Torq package. I love my real vinyls but digital is the future and with this system I can combine both worlds. I can play my real vinyls at anytime and use my laptop as a host for my downloaded files and my own productions (that last thing is such a great thing to do). I run Torq on an Asus Notebook with an Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 processor with 2 GB RAM onboard and it works flawless. Just like the real thing. Torq also includes effects and midi control options. And the price is good too. I don't care if the box looks cheap. Give it a try!
djpuff
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djpuff »

I think all things like Torq, Traktor,..etc....are not a professional way to dj.....my opinion is that these programs are for real newbies for beatmatch and mix practicing...!!!
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

All those programs simulate real mixing. The only difference is that audio records aren't needed. I have a feeling you've never used any one of them - you'd know otherwise.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

djpuff wrote:I think all things like Torq, Traktor,..etc....are not a professional way to dj.....my opinion is that these programs are for real newbies for beatmatch and mix practicing...!!!
Well "I think" you're a fucking idiot. Sorry, but what you said oozes nothing but exuberant ignorance. You obviously do not have any idea whatsoever what "professional" djing is, how it's done and more importantly - what those applications actually do and how they are used.

"buuuut it's just my opiniooon! don't be a hater!"
well - go learn about some of the stuff you've preemptively commented on. your opinion will change. either that or you're a stubborn fck that got used to playing allowance-fund records in mommies' basement. which can be respected if admitted, but still doesn't validate the things you've said in your post :)

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

kans wrote:All those programs simulate real mixing. The only difference is that audio records aren't needed. I have a feeling you've never used any one of them - you'd know otherwise.
They don't even have to "simulate"... they simply allow "real mixing". That's why nearly every professional is using it now... all that power and all them records.... in one laptop bag. Sorry to all the stubborn folks who think vinyl is the only "real" way to dj.... There is a better way now!

kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
kans wrote:All those programs simulate real mixing. The only difference is that audio records aren't needed. I have a feeling you've never used any one of them - you'd know otherwise.
They don't even have to "simulate"... they simply allow "real mixing". That's why nearly every professional is using it now... all that power and all them records.... in one laptop bag. Sorry to all the stubborn folks who think vinyl is the only "real" way to dj.... There is a better way now!
Look in the dictionary, my tracks are covered. Also, If you read the follwoing sentence you'll see I mention the ONLY DIFFERENCE! Go back to the sewer where you came from.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

kans wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
Look in the dictionary, my tracks are covered. Also, If you read the follwoing sentence you'll see I mention the ONLY DIFFERENCE! Go back to the sewer where you came from.
fck you - can you not see that I was backing you up / agreeing on that one?

using traktor as an example -
you can use it to simulate sh!t or you can just pipe it all through outputs and run it through a real world mixer and use your decks and do actual physical mixing instead of simulating it all on screen.

both options are nice

kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote: fck you
Why I ought to punch you right in the balls