techno artists making hip hop and pop?

- open
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

I find the idea of making music specifically for the sake of an advertisement ot be a fascinating idea.

Instead of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a product, you are taking a product and turning it into an abstract idea.
freeeeeee
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Der geile Ami wrote:I find the idea of making music specifically for the sake of an advertisement ot be a fascinating idea.

Instead of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a product, you are taking a product and turning it into an abstract idea.
How Zen of you :D
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

:p nice1

but... if ur not opened to different ideas (or genres, as some prefer), then plz quit making/listening/promoting/producing/reducing music. period.

2 cents
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

if people like to listen crap, this is not my business,

If I could make some crappy stuff who can make me much money, sure I'll do .

But, this is not music anymore, this is only business ... and I don't think that making business is a dirty thing.

I'm sure that all producers here in this forum make music for people who can appreciate that music, not for those who don't buy it for example.

Artist doesn't make music for money, but using your abilities to make commercial stuff is only business, like if you are selling carpets, and I don't think that it's a dirty thing.

don't you agree ?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I think Matthew Dear's techno albums probably solded more than that pop album. I can't imagine millions of people who don't know anything about techno buying that record. It will mostly be his techno fans that buy it.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

All I know is I didn't go see Matt Dear because he wasn't playing techno this year which didn't help the MNMLTKNO scene in the USA at all. Especially when
he was peaking as Audion/FALSE QQ
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Hutch wrote:All I know is I didn't go see Matt Dear because he wasn't playing techno this year which didn't help the MNMLTKNO scene in the USA at all. Especially when
he was peaking as Audion/FALSE QQ
He still plays as Audion all the time in the U.S., and I don't think Matt Dear can do anything for the U.S. 'minimal techno scene' that people like Richie Hawtin, M.A.N.D.Y., and other bigger names haven't already tried to do in the clubs. I still love the Audion stuff, but he is a relatively small name on a level of much bigger people playing the same records.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

he rocked sweden today anyway :D