Crosstown Rebels is finished ?????

- wax
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

thomas, can you please tell us what was the name of the record label you ran? i am very curious! i was really into techno in the 90s
dave_essex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dave_essex »

sad news, gr8 british label have 2 say.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

pheek gets props on a great post.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i'm not sure if it's important if rather damian lazarus or amato is the bitch in this story, i think the most important message here is: support the physical product.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

fader wrote:i'm not sure if it's important if rather damian lazarus or amato is the bitch in this story, i think the most important message here is: support the physical product.
The most important message here is to understand & manage the business that you are responsible for, referring to Amato.

Understand the concept of stock & inventory control, cash flow management & how to control costs. Once you understand how to manage your business, particularly when times are not going well - e.g. reduced vinyl slaes, you will have more chance of survival.

For all the fans/punters/supporters, yes, support the product, in whatever medium is available & suits you - vinyl, digital, CD...Remember, not everyone is a DJ & buys vinyl...more & more DJ's are using digital / CD's as a means of mixing. Adapt, be proactive & move with the times. If you stand still in this industry, you are finished - its a one-way ticket to oblivion.
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

damn french-canadians, always think they're right.

he is in this case though.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

Daniel Logikal wrote:
fader wrote:i'm not sure if it's important if rather damian lazarus or amato is the bitch in this story, i think the most important message here is: support the physical product.
The most important message here is to understand & manage the business that you are responsible for, referring to Amato.

Understand the concept of stock & inventory control, cash flow management & how to control costs. Once you understand how to manage your business, particularly when times are not going well - e.g. reduced vinyl slaes, you will have more chance of survival.

For all the fans/punters/supporters, yes, support the product, in whatever medium is available & suits you - vinyl, digital, CD...Remember, not everyone is a DJ & buys vinyl...more & more DJ's are using digital / CD's as a means of mixing. Adapt, be proactive & move with the times. If you stand still in this industry, you are finished - its a one-way ticket to oblivion.
an artist cannot survive from downloads only
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

fader wrote:an artist cannot survive from downloads only
Moot point. Most artists can rarely survive off of their works even on the most popular mediums. :)