Elektron - OCTATRACK ?

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Phase Ghost wrote:Is this going to be better than the Korg ESX (I think that's the model number)? That's the question. The new ones have sd cards now and if Elektron is pricing this anything like their others, it's gonna be at least twice that of the Korg.
It's gonna cost 1200 euros.

Elektron gear is on a way higher level than the Korg grooveboxes imo, and they are manufactured in Europe instead of China. Behringer mixers cost less than SSL mixers too.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

so what? you can get 3times more stuff for price of 1 and i wouldnt call this product ground breaking or whatever its just a simple marketing stuff people look for what you really and stop wasting money all over the place
its all about the rhythm
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Yeah, but you have "Made from sweeden with love" written on the Elektron gear :lol:
I love the ESX, but the sample transfer via sm card is a pain in the """, esx with a usb plug, now that would have been a winner
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Rookas wrote:so what? you can get 3times more stuff for price of 1 and i wouldnt call this product ground breaking or whatever its just a simple marketing stuff people look for what you really and stop wasting money all over the place
I'd rather buy one expensive, high quality thing than lots of just ok stuff. Probably won't be buying the Octatrack since I don't know how to really incorporate it into my workflow, but I wouldn't trade my Monomachine for anything, it's the best sequencer I've ever used by a huge margin.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

haha you dont get it , high quality stuff doesnt mean it should be expnsive:) in this case youre paying for some knobs and a processor thats it.
its all about the rhythm
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Whatever. Computers just don't suit my workflow. When I have a musical idea, I can turn on the MnM (takes 2 seconds) and lay down the idea in about 20 seconds. It takes more time to boot a computer, open the DAW, go through a million VST's, and that's before composing anything. 1300 euros is not much for something that you really love using. The Electribes are nice, but nowhere near the quality of Elektron. My Monomachine is perfect for me, 1300 isn't even that much, when you compare what gear used to cost in the 70's and the 80's.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

well first of all i would go for real analog stuff in this case , yes it takes time to boot up a computer and so on and so on, but if you're seriously doing something you will end up in a daw anyway:)
its all about the rhythm
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

XIII NRV wrote:Yeah, but you have "Made from sweeden with love" written on the Elektron gear :lol:
I love the ESX, but the sample transfer via sm card is a pain in the """, esx with a usb plug, now that would have been a winner

+1