Minimal Underground Techno

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Edward_Molton wrote:I don't know why people on this forum are so against sample packs.
This has been covered on a few threads here, but I'll reiterate the basic feeling of producers here in regards to sample packs. I'm not referring to an 808/909 sample pack either. Everyone on earth that makes edm has samples of those machines. Everyone would love to have them, but their cost and availability make it difficult for many.

Sample packs that have: Strings 1, Quite Pad 2, synth stab 3, etc., are what I'm talking about. Many people here, including myself, think that takes all the fun out of making a tune. Using sounds that other people made is going to make it tough for you, the producer, to stand out. There's already so many tracks that sound the same, why you want want to copy those with the "ultra minimal sample pack"?

If you use sample packs to make all your tunes, fine. I don't give a sh!t one way or another. My point is this: crafting your own sounds makes the process of making a track way more fun and most importantly more satisfying.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Torque wrote:Don't any of you feel insulted by this at all?
These places think your music can be broken down into a pre packaged form and sold back to you. This kind of sh!t is so far removed from the underground it's amazing. Mark my words it's this kind of stuff right here that will turn minimal in it's current form into a period piece like acid house. You all should be irate!!!!
I swear to God I read this and thought this thread was resurrected from 2007 or something.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

going to download it, just to see what their definition for underground minimal techno is.
you are what you tweed
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz...
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

anizz wrote:again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz...
narcoleptic?
you are what you tweed
Carmen58
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Carmen58 »

S.D.L wrote:
narcoleptic?
:lol:

About the topic, I've seen that the library is inspired by M_nus, Soma, ecc.. but, if you want M_nus ou Soma's sound, take your soft, and work ! :lol: Moreover, it's original ! :P
symplectiq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by symplectiq »

little z's are sidechained?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Torque wrote: Mark my words it's this kind of stuff right here that will turn minimal in it's current form into a period piece like acid house. You all should be irate!!!!
I tend to disagree with that, whilst I agree with most of your points, I don't think this one holds any truth to be honest.

Sample cd manufactures are always going to be around for all genres, the choice to use them is obviously entirely down to the individual but the more interesting and personal music is always going to come from those who choose to create their own identity through their own sound design, it's this type of music that will define a genre imo, not the 'ejay' style bedroom techno wannabees who simply jigsaw together other peoples music.