Thinking about getting a tattoo

- open
soumam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soumam »

I'll have to do some more soul searching before I make a decision. I had indeed thought about writing something in Bengali (I don't speak Hindi) or getting an "om' symbol or some henna work, but those are just too predictable for me. Also, I guess the thing is I'm not very "into" Indian culture. In which case perhaps I don't need to be getting an India related tattoo. Regardless, thanks for all the input everyone!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

patrick bateman wrote:
The man is asking for opinions, because he is in doubts.
fair enough, but, if you're in doubt you shouldn't get a tattoo. Get a girlfriend. They're more easy to exchange :p
soumam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soumam »

Got one, wouldn't exchange her for anything. :)
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

like psytox said: if you're doubting you would better not do it. you'll probably feel bad about it in a few years.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos. Especially if it's a text, it's like too much 'out there', like wearing t-shirts with some phrase on it. it's too much statement...

Something arty can be nice, but i wtill wouldn't really do it.

how old are you? The thing is that if you're young, your brain and taste is still developing and there are a lot of things you like now that you won't like in a few years.

I bet some people will say they were young too when they got it and still dont regret it...pff i don't know. I would just buy records instead :)
soumam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soumam »

I would just buy records instead

best advice so far
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

the majority of india considers the cow very special. get a tatoo of a cow! a skinny one with horns like you see a lot over there. some interesting but uncommon places for tatoos are the underside of the arm like below the armpit, the ankle, and behind the knees (i saw someone with tatoos of door hinges behind the knees). for me, i prefer markings that use a lot of sacred geometry. im thinking my next one will incorporate designs from some crop circles.
soumam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soumam »

the majority of india considers the cow very special
yeah, but it's only of any real significance if you're Hindu, which I'm not. Plus, I don't know if I really want to wear a cow around, I'd rather have a bull.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

New Guy wrote:Have you thought of writing it on your foot? Like on the side, where the Nike logo is located on the shoes?
he should tattoo a nike logo on his foot