Lady Gaga and Berghain

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

PsyTox wrote:the main question being: who cares? Goes for Berghain and Lady Gaga btw, I hate self-cultivated "exclusivism".
+1
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

i don't get why wasting time discussing about this
she looks like sht
the music is nothing
the only argument she has is to propose shocking themes, to make people talk about her
and you play the game...

just ignore, and care about real music
the wold will be a better place :-flower
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

"Richie Hawtin vs Lady Gaga - in the cube world tour 2011"
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

manzatour wrote:
Define: real music
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Marcus Stork wrote:"Richie Hawtin vs Lady Gaga - in the cube world tour 2011"
I lol'd
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

patrick bateman wrote:
manzatour wrote:
Define: real music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEm3o8I1wg

The strange thing about this Gaga person is that her/his songs are completely mediocre. Even in a genre that is mediocre in total so that's saying something :lol:

Still, gotta love the sheer beauty of marketing and how he/she/it manages to get the attention of half the planet in just three years. Kinda impressive.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

haha :D :D, added to favourites ^^

i don't agree with lady gaga's music being mediocre.. these tracks are made to appeal to as much people as possible.. considering that, i believe this pokerface track meets the requirements pretty good.. i mean the lyrics in every part are so catchy.. from young to old everyone knows them, understands them and so these lyrics can stay in your head for a pretty long time.. even tho i don't listen to this music i still remember the lyrics..
i kind of admire the construction of sooo catchy lyrics.. mediocre music for me is music you forget the next day.. but if a track or lyrics have the ability to stay in your head, (and not just in your head but in the head of people no matter what age) i think you can't call that mediocre..

i don't believe she writes the lyrics on her own tho..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

roland wrote:
haha :D :D, added to favourites ^^

i don't agree with lady gaga's music being mediocre.. these tracks are made to appeal to as much people as possible.. considering that, i believe this pokerface track meets the requirements pretty good.. i mean the lyrics in every part are so catchy.. from young to old everyone knows them, understands them and so these lyrics can stay in your head for a pretty long time.. even tho i don't listen to this music i still remember the lyrics..
i kind of admire the construction of sooo catchy lyrics.. mediocre music for me is music you forget the next day.. but if a track or lyrics have the ability to stay in your head, (and not just in your head but in the head of people no matter what age) i think you can't call that mediocre..

i don't believe she writes the lyrics on her own tho..
hmm, well, with mediocre I mean music that is written as a formula, exactly with no other purpose then to get in your head, as you put it. It's clever for sure. Like Madonna f.e., if she needs a hit she rips apart an Abba song or adds some controversial 'something', and it'll sell. But to me, that's not making music, that's doing an economy project. It's not about the music but more about the "side effect" :) I think these kind of popstars will sing or "make" just about anything that will appeal to a big audience (by definition looking for a common denominator, thus mediocre in a literral sense).

Anyway, I'm not pro or contra any of these stars, I just find it strange and a bit sad that people are so easy to impress and to be sucked into following a hype. I'd imagine that people would be pretty "numb" by now from all the commercials and hype after hype being thrown at them, but it seems people just can't get enough of being swindled out of their money time and time and time again.
As The Offspring said: Hey, do that brand new thing!