reason 5

- ask away
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Este wrote:very excited for this new update! Hopefully more features will be revealed soon...

(-)
I think all the new features have been revealed...
Este
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Este »

aallvor wrote:
Este wrote:very excited for this new update! Hopefully more features will be revealed soon...

(-)
I think all the new features have been revealed...

They had a article about the beta testing saying that more features will be revealed. Plus Reason 5 won't be released until the end of the summer...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

you might get a few little features to the sequencer but that will be it. it's very unlikely there will be any more new devices or major changes.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

I haven't used Reason since v2.0, but I have to say that I'm very impressed by the vids.
Este
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Este »

tone-def wrote:you might get a few little features to the sequencer but that will be it. it's very unlikely there will be any more new devices or major changes.
yeah i'm curios if they're going to incorporate the dual rack that's featured in record... would be nice

(-)
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

tone-def wrote:
jessejames wrote:^avoid. I suggest a Korg Pad Kontrol instead. Yes, more money. But I returned my MPD18 a few days after I bought it. Really bad pads imo.
what was wrong with them? at the moment this seems like a novelty idea and i'm sure thats worth the extra £45.

i want to get an m-audio audio axiom 61 has 8 pads. but it would be nice to have a box with 16 pads... but would i use it enough to spend £130 on the korg?
The pads aren't sensitive enough and also too sensitive at the same time. Whenever I tried to lightly tap them, they either wouldn't register or they would double-hit. There isn't a whole lot of range between a light tap and a heavy bang. It's either one or the other. Also only the middle of the pad registers a hit. The outside corners not so much. So it doesn't exactly lend itself to one handed operation or quick soft transitions.

The Korg is supposedly (haven't used it) years beyond the AKAI. Pads are sensitive all around with more range. Also has other bits and bobs that the AKAI doesn't. AKAI is basically just 16 pads with two faders. Korg has much more.

I've resorted to just using my Novation keyboard as a drum trigger.
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

I'm quite excited about the new drum machine. I've always liked Reason's sound. I hate wasting time doing complex routings though..
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

jessejames wrote:
tone-def wrote:
jessejames wrote:^avoid. I suggest a Korg Pad Kontrol instead. Yes, more money. But I returned my MPD18 a few days after I bought it. Really bad pads imo.
what was wrong with them? at the moment this seems like a novelty idea and i'm sure thats worth the extra £45.

i want to get an m-audio audio axiom 61 has 8 pads. but it would be nice to have a box with 16 pads... but would i use it enough to spend £130 on the korg?
The pads aren't sensitive enough and also too sensitive at the same time. Whenever I tried to lightly tap them, they either wouldn't register or they would double-hit. There isn't a whole lot of range between a light tap and a heavy bang. It's either one or the other. Also only the middle of the pad registers a hit. The outside corners not so much. So it doesn't exactly lend itself to one handed operation or quick soft transitions.

The Korg is supposedly (haven't used it) years beyond the AKAI. Pads are sensitive all around with more range. Also has other bits and bobs that the AKAI doesn't. AKAI is basically just 16 pads with two faders. Korg has much more.

I've resorted to just using my Novation keyboard as a drum trigger.
i think i'll see how i go with the axiom pads and if i find i'm using it a lot i'll get the korg. the akai sounds useless to me.