New Synth? ( Hardware )

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

yeah, been into music a while now, i was into hardware then i went software and now i want to go back again. Im seriously considering a total hardware set up.

Still have some hardware now.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

after digging about and thinking i might move away from computer sequencing, im re-evaluating what i want.

I didnt think i liked the machinedrum but after hearing some of the users sets, im blown away. I weighed up getting a machinedrum/monomachine combo but a machinedrum/spectralis combo is what i might go for, not cheap but theres so much power there it just might be all i need. I think im sold.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:after digging about and thinking i might move away from computer sequencing, im re-evaluating what i want.

I didnt think i liked the machinedrum but after hearing some of the users sets, im blown away. I weighed up getting a machinedrum/monomachine combo but a machinedrum/spectralis combo is what i might go for, not cheap but theres so much power there it just might be all i need. I think im sold.
dont do it bro, go jomox, go analogue.

when i first got my jomox mbase 01, i kind of had a love hate relationship with it, now i use it all the time, even before i use my 909 kick, thats a good recommendation.
thats some badass kickdrum in a club man. massive.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

i was looking at the xbase 888 the other day and it was a great sound, had prescence and weighty balls to it, i think it was the kick/snare/tom which were analog, cant remember off hand. But yeah, does have some rawness about it which i like.

In fact thats my only gripe with the machinedrum. From what i have heard, it doesnt seem to have much boll*x to it and theres a polished sheen that i notice. I guess its ok if thats your thing though. Its the sheer creative potential thats so tempting.

The new spectralis looks mindblowing, ok it doesnt have vco's but the filters are analog and it has seemingly limitless modulation possibilities. I cant find info on the envelopes though except for choosing from stored envelope options? The sequencer seems amazing, has the ability to sequence patterns of different lengths too, so a potential for interesting polyrhythms. Do you know much about it? Doesnt seem to be in the limelight so to speak but it might just be the exact thing im after as far as a synth goes.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote: The new spectralis looks mindblowing, ok it doesnt have vco's but the filters are analog and it has seemingly limitless modulation possibilities. I cant find info on the envelopes though except for choosing from stored envelope options? The sequencer seems amazing, has the ability to sequence patterns of different lengths too, so a potential for interesting polyrhythms. Do you know much about it? Doesnt seem to be in the limelight so to speak but it might just be the exact thing im after as far as a synth goes.
are you looking at the features it currently has or the stuff it's suppose to have? from what i understand it's still in development and the software is only half finished.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

the info i have is from the radikal technologies website. Im not sure whether it applies or not but its in reference to the spectralis 2.

Its going to be a couple of months before i can buy anyways, possibly longer
fornogoodreason
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fornogoodreason »

think im getting a korg

what would you say is a reasonable price for one anyone...?
Last edited by fornogoodreason on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

somewhere between £1000 and £2000.