- open
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Alex Bizzaro wrote:
ChrisCV wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:true, but most times there is a delay so I always check with both buttons down before bringing in the mix.
x2
x3
x4
x69
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

sure if you have bad conditions you need to have both channels on your headphones in order to avoid a total mess when mixing =))

i've experienced tho that when spinning in perfect conditions my friends aswell had both channels on their headphones.. "just to be sure..." they said.. they can't be sure anymore when only having 1 channel on their headphones.. =)

so when doing so you're basically opening the path to the darkside and on the darkside everyone is playing with controllers and autosync :P
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

roland wrote: so when doing so you're basically opening the path to the darkside and on the darkside everyone is playing with controllers and autosync :P
don't push it :-)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I like to play with the phones on. Feel more in control somehow. But I'm also accustomed to Ecler which I def prefer over pioneer mixers.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

I don't like the Pioneer mixers much either, but every single place over here seems to have them :?

I really like the monitoring on the newer Xone's. Very comfortable to flick through the channels. I've never had two cue buttons down at the same time though, can't see the point of it, but I guess everyone has their own way of doing things :P
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

jackbrazzo wrote:I dont understand why they have done that - cant see an advantage - A lovely mixer though.
it might be down to the fact that this way there's almost twice as less wear and tear on those buttons since you don't have to "unbutton" them. and it might be a bit faster and more simple to operate once you get used to it. I don't know.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

hm.. since we're talking about xones..

i wanted to buy a 42 but then i saw this baby right here..

has anyone ever played on or rather seen this mixer and can say something about it? ..

you can swith between rotary and line faders with a simple plate.. furthermore it is imo superior to the 42 considering the inputs (4 phono channels f.e.) .. there is no shop in my town which has it so that i would be able to test it or play on it before buying..

maybe anyone give a little feedback on it..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

if it's anywhere near to the quality of the a&h v6 (that very oldskool looking and feeling rotary mixer of them), then it should be heaven. Awesome.