Hey Americanos

- open
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

::BLM:: wrote:2-3 weeks sucks big time. if I was to order from Juno now I would get it for tomorrow morning. I can see why a lot of people stateside just move over to digital.
Bingo.....it's extremely difficult to get good vinyl. I made the digital switch 3 years ago. I'm still having the occasional vinyl withdrawals though.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

people seem to gripe about buying vinyl, but i still don't see why.

sure, two to three weeks sounds bad, but, for example, with juno, if you pay the extra bit of cash for fedex, the sh!t is there in like 48hrs. same goes for hardwax and stuff. the downside, obviously, is that you end up paying a premium for shipping when you could have just bought another record or two.

and as for discogs sales...you can always pay for expedited shipping that way, too.

i've actually kind of been "meh" about carrying traktor scratch around lately, to be honest. i get tons of promos, but i find like 10 - 20 tracks a month, and that's a really good month. i'm more interested in buying stuff that's in my wantlist on discogs and building my vinyl collection to stupid levels and possibly adding some cd's to the mix (which i swore i would never do) and just going back to how things used to be.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

cloutier wrote:people seem to gripe about buying vinyl, but i still don't see why.
Not sure if you were directing this to me, Eric, but I'm not trying to gripe - just emphasizing the difficulty in finding good vinyl. I love that you are trying to go back to all vinyl and CDs, and say more power to you. Did you go with a hybrid vinyl/traktor set when you were in Denver for Halloween, or was it all Traktor?
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

PsyTox wrote:
thefunnel wrote:Other than a couple discogs sellers, there are none.
and even that is getting harder, since new year the rules to send packages to the US have changed. So thanks to the paranoia of the Homeland Security dudes, it can take up to two months before a package will get there (they open EVERY single package now, hence the delay).
I've stopped sending outside of the EU, simply because I don't want to let people in US or Canada fork over 20-30 euro just for shipment that they'll only receive in a few month's time. A pitty really :?
The security measures are just getting a bit out of hand /me thinks.

I guess that's why import vinyl gets so expensive in the USA as well: it costs an arm and a leg these days to ship bigger shipments there. Too much hassle with paperwork, security surcharges and what not.
that's why i asked the question. Lately i've fallen in love with Diametric, but unless I ask Arne to send it to me direct (if he has a copy laying around) I have to find it through, says www.decks.de, but the shipping is outrageous (not anyone's fault really, but a major roadblock to purchases)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Emote Music wrote:Not sure if you were directing this to me, Eric, but I'm not trying to gripe - just emphasizing the difficulty in finding good vinyl. I love that you are trying to go back to all vinyl and CDs, and say more power to you. Did you go with a hybrid vinyl/traktor set when you were in Denver for Halloween, or was it all Traktor?
its not directed at you, per say, more so at a majority of people that just gave up on even trying to find vinyl. take of that what you will, but it seems that a lot of people are quick to champion the wax, but they sure don't seem to take much of an effort in to supporting the medium.

when i was there, it was about 70 / 30 traktor to vinyl. i've been doing a lot of vinyl only sets recently, though.

Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

cloutier wrote:its not directed at you, per say, more so at a majority of people that just gave up on even trying to find vinyl. take of that what you will, but it seems that a lot of people are quick to champion the wax, but they sure don't seem to take much of an effort in to supporting the medium.
Point well taken. I think for me, the decline in vinyl sites and physical stores in the US (particularly in the MTN time zone) also coincided with my developing a live PA, which has been beneficial for me in the long run.

Do you have any fresh recordings of some of your more recent all vinyl sets? You can PM or email if I've now jacked the thread ;)
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

Emote Music wrote:
cloutier wrote:its not directed at you, per say, more so at a majority of people that just gave up on even trying to find vinyl. take of that what you will, but it seems that a lot of people are quick to champion the wax, but they sure don't seem to take much of an effort in to supporting the medium.
Point well taken. I think for me, the decline in vinyl sites and physical stores in the US (particularly in the MTN time zone) also coincided with my developing a live PA, which has been beneficial for me in the long run.

Do you have any fresh recordings of some of your more recent all vinyl sets? You can PM or email if I've now jacked the thread ;)
post here pls:)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

dubgil2 wrote:
Emote Music wrote:

post here pls:)
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64802