How do you organize, backup your computer datas ?

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

hotlatino?
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

The 808 kick drum makes the girlies want to get dumb.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i leave it to the last possible minute and then feel like a twat for not getting around to it in time.
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Trust Acronis works perfect for me.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i wait till my comp is pretty full, then select all, copy it onto 2 external drives and delete everything off my computer. Got a big pile of hd's and not a clue where anything is. Works for me ;)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

MarcAshken wrote:i wait till my comp is pretty full, then select all, copy it onto 2 external drives and delete everything off my computer. Got a big pile of hd's and not a clue where anything is. Works for me ;)
i like your approach its the same as mine! :)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i do once in a while an image of my system drives (acronis) and sync my data folders on an external hd every 6 weeks (puresync for that in the future). my old tracks are stored on 3 different hd...
i would sync my folders to an online storage site too but still too expensive for the space i need.
just some month ago a data hd got bad. wasnt that old....
techno made me do it
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

I have a MacPro so it's a bit easier, but I always make sure I have a drive the same size as my boot drive to make a clone to. I use Carbon Copy Cloner for this task which makes a perfect copy which you can boot to, I also have a separate audio drive for samples and I use Time Machine for this on a separate drive.

What I'd do in your situation would be to buy another 2tB desktop drive partition the drive into a 500gb and use carbon copy Cloner to make a perfect copy of the boot and then set scheduled backup for once a week to copy new files on to this drive, then you only have to leave the MacBook on overnight once a week (Sunday night eg) todo a backup.

The left over 1500 gb could be used for time machine for the rest of you drives or you could man ally backup say the mp3s as you buy them off Beatport