mnml newbie

Post by Phune »

GENELEC 8030A..what about them?
Best of dynaudio's too??
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

Genelecs have a too big "smiley" frequentie response...

Lack in lowmid and mid.

Dynaudios for sure!
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

Armando wrote:So krk vxt8 or dynaudio bm5a mkII?
if you need bass than krk vxt8 or go for the bm6.
but the bm5 are the better speakers compared to the vxt 8.
techno made me do it
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

Funny that people would like to go for 'more bass'...
If you end up with a heavy bass monitor, you're tracks will lack bass in the end if you're not comfortable yet with the response of the speakers.

As in monitors you should go for the best and flatten responding units. The most honest speakers are the dynaudios. They got the most clear response and they give you a nice insight of the depth of your mixes.

Genelecs lack midlow/mid. The krk's are not really good in translating the depth of your mix.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

kdgh wrote:Funny that people would like to go for 'more bass'...
If you end up with a heavy bass monitor, you're tracks will lack bass in the end if you're not comfortable yet with the response of the speakers.
i wasn't meaning more bass as in a boost at 50-100Hz. i'm talking about how low they go. if you can't hear 40Hz on your monitors then you have a problem.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

if you don't hear 40hz... you just cut them. 30hz - 40hz is what i call the 'jeans band'. Only sub that'll move your baggy jeans in the club. Most of the time you also get alot better tight mix while cutting those kinda freqs. But hey that is just me. I won't recommend a sub or monitors that can that low for somebody that'll probably work in a bedroom environment. Besides that... even if they have the response of 40hz and below, but they still sound awkward in the midlow and mid section, i won't advise them.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

deccard wrote:just heard the bm5 mkII at a friends place. sounded good and recommendable but if you need bass they really dont have enough in the long run. the krk vxt8 have more bass but the dynaudio bm5 sound overall more precise.
better go for the bm6. i have the focals solo 6 and dont need a sub. and i like good bass. and still prefer my focals over the dynaudio. they got something it´s hard to explain. :)
I'm planning on getting a pair of Twins in a month or two.
What I really like about them is that they're 3-way for an affordable price.
I'm curious to hear some opinions from people that own Focals.
What's your experience with your pair of Solo's ?