[MU 2] Jovonn - Stump It EP

- wax
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [MU 2] Jovonn - Stump It EP

Post by roland »

dirddey_iddler wrote: if you buy records before the hype of "get everything now and immediatly" (and not part of it, as some of the previous poster) you would understand it.

you are satisfied with a repress? its fine for you. for myself, i have a higher aspiration.

read correctly, pls

i don't agree...

i would understand if you had some records which you love to play and after some big djs dropped them everyone knew them and played them aswell, so they weren't that special anymore..
that's a tiny loss of exclusiveness (still nothing to be sad about for more than a minute imo) ... but this is clearly not the case here..

you were holding a well known, hyped to absurdity record for some years... and now you are sad that 300 more people will have a repress of it aswell, how selfish is that?

also i don't follow your point about repressed stuff... i buy records in order to play them out and listen to them at home.. sure i'm a collector too, but i don't buy old vinyls for huge money when there are mint represses in shops.. they also do sound better and therefore give me more joy.. i think in 10 years i don't care if that jovonn track is played from the original record or the repress.. it`s the same fuckin track..
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

i think driddley is trying to make a wider point and argue against the "i want this record so i must have it NOW" culture that seems to have emerged in recent months/years. people don't seem to have any patience anymore. i think this is partly the fault of discogs becoming so widely used as a place for secondhand music sales (bargains are few and far between).

the only exceptional track on this ep got reissued already last year anyway (although that reissue seemed to disappear quite quickly).

also i wouldnt assume that a repress sounds superior, condition of the record aside
the original mastering is superior sometimes (thinking particularly of some.of the prescription reissues, and the peacefrog coloured ones.)
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

resolved wrote: "i want this record so i must have it NOW" culture that seems )
I think that relates more to the person who spent £40 on it rather then someone who waited years in the hope of a repress.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

tuff city kids remix is so pointless...but will pick this up for the original!
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by taff »

just picked it up from the store. proper soundquality and the other tracks are very pleasant too. i'm glad about the purchase, It can't be faulted. (except for tuff city kids mix wich is not mine)
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

ray parry wrote:
I think that relates more to the person who spent £40 on it rather then someone who waited years in the hope of a repress.
PLEASE READ CORRECTLY!!!

40£ are not 40€ and not 100€.

When i found this release, it reminds me to a mix from my collection of house tapes from the mid/late ninetees (a lot of stuff that often asked in this forum from known djs is there). Anyone, who were a little into the record thing at this time, know that this was a bargain sale (there is a intersting story behind this record).

if i knew that this release should be rereleased at the moment when i paid it, it wouldnt change my aim to buy this as the original release.

Thats why i`m wrote, if you are satisfied with a cheap meaningless repress, thats fine for yourself.

For playing and listen, represses are fine and i will buy them to save my copies.

p.s. raresh and ricardo played a different track as zip (which was the track from the tapes)
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
ray parry wrote:
PLEASE READ CORRECTLY!!!

40£ are not 40€ and not 100€.

When i found this release, it reminds me to a mix from my collection of house tapes from the mid/late ninetees (a lot of stuff that often asked in this forum from known djs is there). Anyone, who were a little into the record thing at this time, know that this was a bargain sale (there is a intersting story behind this record).

if i knew that this release should be rereleased at the moment when i paid it, it wouldnt change my aim to buy this as the original release.

Thats why i`m wrote, if you are satisfied with a cheap meaningless repress, thats fine for yourself.

For playing and listen, represses are fine and i will buy them to save my copies.

p.s. raresh and ricardo played a different track as zip (which was the track from the tapes)
what on earth are you blabbering on about now? the comment about price was a general comment. please stop thinking everything is about you.

If you are someone that spends more then the normal price for a record, I would say you are part of the 'i want this record so i must have it NOW' culture. its those that wait that really win in situations like this.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

40€ = 40pounds ?? what did i wrote?

READ; UUUUUUUUUUUUUNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAND; THINK; and THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN press the Button

quite easy