modular etc etc

- ask away
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by lem »

I'm starting to think about sequencing now. Plus I have my own circuits that I am pretty sure I will finish now that I have a complete modular mono.
I don't really want to buy/build a case that I am going to outgrow easily. Steevio said you both got the 36u case. But it's not going to be easy to move....arghh disisions disisions! -twisted .....modular planner will make all that go away... :-flower

I would do the London one, but Leeds seems a bit more exciting to me. Be good to meet ya anyways!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah the leeds one is looking interesting. i'm impressed with how everything has been set up.

One of the other musicians Umcorps make the most beautiful sounds and textures. Think the other musicians might be worth listening to as well.

Of course would be nice to say hi and I can show you around my synth. Plus it's always nice to show that i'm only massive dck on the forum and slightly less of a dck in real life. heheheheh.

I would offer you a lift but I'm not sure how I'm going to get everything up there as it is.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote:I'm starting to think about sequencing now. Plus I have my own circuits that I am pretty sure I will finish now that I have a complete modular mono.
I don't really want to buy/build a case that I am going to outgrow easily. Steevio said you both got the 36u case. But it's not going to be easy to move....arghh disisions disisions! -twisted .....modular planner will make all that go away... :-flower

I would do the London one, but Leeds seems a bit more exciting to me. Be good to meet ya anyways!
no mate i said we both had 18U cases made, i had two and mark had one.

but i got a 36U case made and so ive still got the two 18Us standing empty.

3U dissappears in the blink of an eye mate, i just used up 3U for an envelope bank to control my sequencers and voltage addressed switches with; 2 x A143-2s, 2 x A162s and 4 x A183-2s
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

No worries Mark!

I think I will end up giving it a miss. But there is still over a month to go so anything could happen?

It will be more useful to me to get as educated as possible before waxing a lot of cash on modules I don't need. Although I could buy a Maths instead, which tbh I'm not sure if I really need/want but it will probably show its worth fairly quickly.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote:
lem wrote:I'm starting to think about sequencing now. Plus I have my own circuits that I am pretty sure I will finish now that I have a complete modular mono.

no mate i said we both had 18U cases made, i had two and mark had one.

but i got a 36U case made and so ive still got the two 18Us standing empty.

3U dissappears in the blink of an eye mate, i just used up 3U for an envelope bank to control my sequencers and voltage addressed switches with; 2 x A143-2s, 2 x A162s and 4 x A183-2s
Ah ok. Memory is letting me down, it's working over time trying to remember what a A-143-2 is!

I am thinking along the lines of a 36u. I don't really know what to do in my mind. I need to sit down and work some sh!t out.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

btw doepfer diy kits with rails/psu etc are on sale at schneidersladen.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote:
I am thinking along the lines of a 36u. I don't really know what to do in my mind. I need to sit down and work some sh!t out.
its going to take a lot of money and time to fill a 36U mate,
2 years on and i've still got 6U left in mine, and i think it will take me another two years to fill that, because the money ran out a while ago.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:btw doepfer diy kits with rails/psu etc are on sale at schneidersladen.
damn i just bought one from EMIS, how much are they ?