Crosstown Rebels is finished ?????

- wax
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:thomas, can you please tell us what was the name of the record label you ran? i am very curious! i was really into techno in the 90s
sorry, no answers for rude hypocrites!
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

But I'm curious too! :wink:
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
peter glitch and crackle wrote:thomas, can you please tell us what was the name of the record label you ran? i am very curious! i was really into techno in the 90s
So in reality you don`t have ever had a label?
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

JCH wrote:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
So in reality you don`t have ever had a label?
No, I had a label. Admittedly, It wasn't very big and didn't have a huge catalog but it had some reputable artists and did a bit above average. But if I told you what it was, then the fun of anonymity would be over. :)

Besides, names are just names. There's either logic to my opinions or there isn't. Thats what people should really be focused on, cause I'm nothing worth writing home about imo.
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

I totally feel for Crosstown. It is just really, really bad timing.

Leftroom got caught up in the last Distro Liquidation when Intergroove UK went under, the same as Crosstown did, and we were lucky in that case because we got all our stock back which our new distro then sold. If Crosstown, like the others who were with Amato do not get their stock back then it is a totally different situation.

I moved to Vital and not Amato, and to be honest if we would of moved to Amato, we currently would really have to think about closing ship.

Smaller labels run solely by their owners like myself run from month to month, so to take a hit of losing the past 2/3 months of sales and not getting back all existing stock would be massive.

I suppose it really depends on what size the label is really, and how many ins and outs they have per month.

I just wish Damian and Matt all the luck in the future, i am sure you have not seen or heard the last of Crosstown Rebels...

As in most business circles, the big get bigger and the small just carry on as normal!!!

But i do agree alot that has been said in this thread. I for one have converted as much as i can back to vinyl. A full digital world would suck. The kids that come to the clubs need to look up and see dj's playing vinyl for them to want to go out and buy it themselves.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

tolfrey wrote:I totally feel for Crosstown. It is just really, really bad timing.

Leftroom got caught up in the last Distro Liquidation when Intergroove UK went under, the same as Crosstown did, and we were lucky in that case because we got all our stock back which our new distro then sold. If Crosstown, like the others who were with Amato do not get their stock back then it is a totally different situation.

I moved to Vital and not Amato, and to be honest if we would of moved to Amato, we currently would really have to think about closing ship.

Smaller labels run solely by their owners like myself run from month to month, so to take a hit of losing the past 2/3 months of sales and not getting back all existing stock would be massive.

I suppose it really depends on what size the label is really, and how many ins and outs they have per month.

I just wish Damian and Matt all the luck in the future, i am sure you have not seen or heard the last of Crosstown Rebels...

As in most business circles, the big get bigger and the small just carry on as normal!!!

But i do agree alot that has been said in this thread. I for one have converted as much as i can back to vinyl. A full digital world would suck. The kids that come to the clubs need to look up and see dj's playing vinyl for them to want to go out and buy it themselves.
Hi Matt. thanx for posting & sharing your experiences with the board...on to more success in 2008!
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

tolfrey wrote:I for one have converted as much as i can back to vinyl. A full digital world would suck. The kids that come to the clubs need to look up and see dj's playing vinyl for them to want to go out and buy it themselves.
does DVS like traktor scratch and serato count as vinyl in your world? :-)
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

nihad wrote:
tolfrey wrote:I for one have converted as much as i can back to vinyl. A full digital world would suck. The kids that come to the clubs need to look up and see dj's playing vinyl for them to want to go out and buy it themselves.
does DVS like traktor scratch and serato count as vinyl in your world? :-)
No vinyl, is vinyl, always will be. :D