sports/exercise

- open
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I started bike racing when I was twelve and aquired a need for being in near-top physical shape (as well as the discipline it takes to learn an instrument/music)...

I went out of good shape in college when I was too busy for a while to at least jog a once or twice per week. I really didn't like the feeling of that... the low energy.

I don't race anymore and I live in the city where no interesting mountain bike riding exists and it sucks for that. I deliver food on my bike for a living now... and I choose to make it pretty intense physically. I like sweating sh!t out, going fast... I make a better pay as well so it's win-win.

I'm only 32 and never felt physically stronger... I'd love to give racing another shot. The intense training... the riding... the mountain... man that was the life. That'd be a big move though.
ChrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ChrisM »

I drink vodka, it removes my appetite and therefore helps me lose weight. I'm a pretty solid drinker now too :D
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Used to be intensely into bmx...for about 5-6 years...until i fucked my ankle up pretty much for good...now i go to the gym once a week and work out at home as well.. i play pick up soccer with friends in the summer and cycle all over the city when the weather permits
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I've quickly comes to terms that working out a few times a week and the reason I choose to work out is 75% for mental reasons and 25% for physical...

I eat better, sleep better, and pretty much in almost all aspects things are just taken care of...when I've worked out that week...vs. letting the week go by..

* running/jogging on a treadmill 20 mins on an incline only burns 200 calories..

which is equivalent to ONE can of soda...

(-)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

I started in December working out 6 times a week, sunday off
john clees wrote:* running/jogging on a treadmill 20 mins on an incline only burns 200 calories..

which is equivalent to ONE can of soda...

(-)
diet coke my friend, diet coke
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

wii
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
wrenay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wrenay »

Carl Smart wrote:nobody's dancing like crazy on weekends? :P
thats what Im saying!
bleupulp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bleupulp »

oh yeah i do some snowskating too... with one of those

its pretty fun to just ride it in some smaller slopes...