Dave Smith TETRA 4 voice - analog poly synth !!

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote: The days of cheap analogue, like finding Rolands for bargains are long gone, unless you are super lucky. If you want proper analogue, you're gonna need to spend some decent money.
there are lots of cheap analogue synths on the market. Korg monotron is £50, the MFB nanozwerg is less than a mopho and there are more around £500.

the dave smith synths have the most features for the money but i'd rather have something with more knobs and VCO's.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tone-def wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote: The days of cheap analogue, like finding Rolands for bargains are long gone, unless you are super lucky. If you want proper analogue, you're gonna need to spend some decent money.
there are lots of cheap analogue synths on the market. Korg monotron is £50, the MFB nanozwerg is less than a mopho and there are more around £500.

the dave smith synths have the most features for the money but i'd rather have something with more knobs and VCO's.
The monotron seems pretty interesting... it seems to sound very nice, though it doesn't seem like it's been designed with a musician in mind.... maybe you could hack it for controlling it properly. There's something about it that I don't trust though.

Yeah there's good value for money VCO analogue with knobs like Doepfer and MFB, but it's still a decent amount of money to spend.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's always been expensive though. apart from when yamaha tricked everyone into selling their mini moogs and pro ones and started buying DX7s.

new analogs have never been this cheap, maybe the 303 was but that wasn't on the market for long.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

New analogues are cheaper than ever. Just check what they used to cost (inflation-adjusted) in the 70's and the 80's. Even the more expensive ones like Studio Electronics are way cheaper than Minimoogs (8k$) or Jupiter 8's (15k) were when they came out.