Producing Minimal In Logic With Enzyme Black

- ask away
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Daemonix wrote:
pheek wrote:I can hardly believe what I'm reading here...

oh and if someone is going to pay that price to learn how to do minimal, you might as well pay me first; not only for the same price I'll do 2 remixes for you but I'll teach you my secret tricks in Ableton too.

srsly, teaching Villalobos'... come on.
give me your bank account!!!! :D :D :D

:P
You have spare money? You're my man (-)
PBLondon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PBLondon »

oh and if someone is going to pay that price to learn how to do minimal, you might as well pay me first; not only for the same price I'll do 2 remixes for you but I'll teach you my secret tricks in Ableton too.

Again...we're are not 'teaching Villalobos' that is merely a reference point for the style of music we teach on this course...we are also not teach anyone 'how to do minimal'...we believe that the course is simply teaching some advanced production techniques, skills, tools which are suited to this style of music.

For example we will teach the effective creation of bass and synth patches which are ideally suited to create a minimal sound. These skills are fully transferable and everything learnt on the course can be applied to making any genre of music.

Again I will say that we are not looking to box anyone in to making a specific sound, but merely providing the tools and techniques for you to get creative with and produce your own style of minimal, or whatever genre you wish.

For a student's perspective on what the courses offer and a sense of what you can expect when enrolled on a course you can check out:

http://www.pointblankonline.net/about-p ... onials.php
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

::BLM:: wrote:
If you are a fan of producers like Richie Hawtin, Luciano and Ricardo Villalobos then this course will reveal their production secrets and how you can achieve the minimal sound that has taken clubland by storm.
What a load of rubbish.
yea. The LEAST you can do is put up some decent sounds, cuz the current one "tutored" there is utter shite.
sorry for the harsh words but iiwii
or advertise it some different way please. "Logic in-depth" seems more suitable maybe?
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

avoiding statements like:
PBLondon wrote: To be honest if you come away from the course with generic sounding unoriginal work then you have only yourself to blame.
would also help a little...
the term minimal has been abused to describe a certain style of "beatport music". what you offer is to learn the techniques to get, more or less, close to this generic sound.
someone here said "minimal is an approach" (i think it was steevio). and you can't for sure learn a way to see things in a course.
but i would blame myself for supporting this kind of course...that is sure
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

PBLondon wrote:

Again...we're are not 'teaching Villalobos' that is merely a reference point for the style of music we teach on this course...we are also not teach anyone 'how to do minimal'...we believe that the course is simply teaching some advanced production techniques, skills, tools which are suited to this style of music.
Thanks for your answer but I have to confess I have a problem with the way you advertise your classes. Being a teacher myself and doing music coaching, I would never advertise my services that way. It sorts of remind me of those 50's ads saying "learn how to dance the boogie in no time" or something.

How about saying "Electronic music classes with Black Enzyme (assisted by Logic)" and then talk later on about styles, but avoiding dropping artist names. There's something irritating there... I've never seen piano classes suggesting I could play like Mozart or something.
Sorry for my grumpiness about this whole topic. :?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I don't think your the only one pheek.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
daveashe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daveashe »

This thread has made me determined to not care about genres any more.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

"Hey, where's the Matt John Class???I'm new here ! !... oh room 32b "

Sighhh.... :?
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin