Ableton 8.1.1 crashing 100% of the time osx

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Daemonix wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:have any of you guys been trying the 8.1.1 betas?
I was also having loads of crashes, but 8.1.1b6 or b5 really is much much more stable than the previous 8.1.1. Plus there should be a new update tomorrow, as this beta is expiring on friday. It's worth giving it a go imo...
I tried b6 last night and its more stable... still crashes though and it seems to be extremely slow in gui performance. At points it reminds me of writing music 11 years ago. :/
16bit Nintendo CPU :D
haha... more like Pentium 233mhz. Both Fast Tracker and Buzz were more stable and fluid than this.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
diego vega
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diego vega »

I'm having the same crash problems you guys have all the time with Live since I updated to 8.1.1 (I use it for producing, not for playing out)

If you check the Ableton forums, many people are also complaining, and Ableton knows there's something wrong.

Unfortunately I can't remember which was the older version of 8 that I had that worked fine? The thing is I don't update too frequently if everything is fine, specially to avoid these kinds of problems (if it's not broken why fix it eh?). Also if I remember correctly, the 8.1.1 update introduced some new file format which is not compatible with older versions of 8 correct? So now we are stuck with it, or we have to start over our projects?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i still think the best thing to do is use something else until ableton sort their mess out or go back to an older version of live. if there's a project that can only be opened in 8.1.1 then put it to the side until ableton release 8.1.2. it's not that bad and i'm sure it's not going to be like this forever.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

diego vega wrote:I'm having the same crash problems you guys have all the time with Live since I updated to 8.1.1 (I use it for producing, not for playing out)

If you check the Ableton forums, many people are also complaining, and Ableton knows there's something wrong.

Unfortunately I can't remember which was the older version of 8 that I had that worked fine? The thing is I don't update too frequently if everything is fine, specially to avoid these kinds of problems (if it's not broken why fix it eh?). Also if I remember correctly, the 8.1.1 update introduced some new file format which is not compatible with older versions of 8 correct? So now we are stuck with it, or we have to start over our projects?
no i'm pretty sure you can continue working on your older projects on 8.1.1. i finished my first track on 8.06, i think, on my macbook and then imported the project to my imac which was updated to 8.1.1 and everything was there and worked fine. i think its that you can do the reverse, you cant take stuff from 8.1.1 and import it to older versions, which is quite a pain in the ass because what if i finished a track or set up some live set files on 8.1.1 on a home production set up and then want to take those files out to a gig on my laptop running a more stable version of the software, you know?

it be funny if this new file format business was the reason behind all the 8.1.1 mess. :roll:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

new beta available(Live 8.1.2b7!) : http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=138906

also i made a mistake in my earlier post... i'm running mac os 10.6.2. Still no response from ableton hq.
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

I would go back to mac os 10.5.8 if u can mate.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

hydrogen wrote:
Daemonix wrote:clear ALL preferences folders and files and re-install.

might work
will do this after i receive my response from ableton. Thanks daemonix.

Ewinz, its a purchased copy of live 8 and max4live. :)

yes... livecollective... same here... and what are you running now? :)

xp on my studio computer and osx on my laptop only because i had to reinstall osx and never bothered with moving the laptop over to xp.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

livecollective wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
Daemonix wrote:clear ALL preferences folders and files and re-install.

might work
will do this after i receive my response from ableton. Thanks daemonix.

Ewinz, its a purchased copy of live 8 and max4live. :)

yes... livecollective... same here... and what are you running now? :)

xp on my studio computer and osx on my laptop only because i had to reinstall osx and never bothered with moving the laptop over to xp.
8 months ago you were pro osx... ;) 8 months ago i was pro XP. lol. the worlds have turned!!