analog and digital

- ask away
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

x

Post by cosmosuave »

Well the fortune that I got in my fortune cookie yesterday summed it up pretty well... "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts."
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Torque wrote: You know the more i read your posts the more i realize that you are not reading mine at all.
sorry if i misquoted you bro, i wasnt just having a go at you, i just get frustrated because i've embraced this as my main way of working, and all i seem to read is a general dismissing it as a sort of rich kids plaything by lots of different people, or just a way of making noises to sample etc.
i was just generally defending it as a legitimate new way of working, its not just like a normal studio on a different scale as far as i'm concerned.

i know you dont talk out your azz, and i'm fully aware of your own music which i've always liked, its just a discussion as far as i'm concerned, and maybe i didnt read your posts properly, i was just picking up a general vibe from them, and other people who seem to generally not see the same potential in it as i do.
no offence intended. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:steevio i think your going to open a few peoples eyes to modular at freerotation.
sh*t tony now youve put the pressure on, i'm going to have to practice my arse off instead of watching the world cup.......bugger

its just techno bro :)
widdly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by widdly »

I'm a modular user and fan but what the fck is with the Buchla 200e. You think such an awesome instrument would inspire some awesome tracks but it doesn't seem to be happening.

It's a $20000 machine but the youtube demos are fucking awful. I reckon thats the reason why some people are cynical about high end modular gear.

I'd love to be proven wrong, if anyone knows of some techno 200e action then post them up...

edit. actually they are not all bad. Richard Lainhart and the NIN guy have some nice stuff
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

widdly wrote:I'm a modular user and fan but what the fck is with the Buchla 200e. You think such an awesome instrument would inspire some awesome tracks but it doesn't seem to be happening.

It's a $20000 machine but the youtube demos are fcking awful. I reckon thats the reason why some people are cynical about high end modular gear.

I'd love to be proven wrong, if anyone knows of some techno 200e action then post them up...

edit. actually they are not all bad. Richard Lainhart and the NIN guy have some nice stuff
it's probably because it's in the wrong hands.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

steevio wrote:
tone-def wrote:steevio i think your going to open a few peoples eyes to modular at freerotation.
sh*t tony now youve put the pressure on, i'm going to have to practice my arse off instead of watching the world cup.......bugger

Will you be selling anymore tickets Steevio?
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Steevio just sounds more musician than "producah" to me. His love for his modular sounds a lot like a guitarist that finally found that perfect guitar, or that smokin' amp and how it all interacts to just bring the music out of him.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:
steevio wrote:

Will you be selling anymore tickets Steevio?
no we're sold out bro, did you not get one ?