Name of this midi controller? (Bodycode)

- ask away
anteeh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anteeh »

Thank you.

Does somebody know how to get ahold of this? Maybe at some sort of second hand site?
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

tone-def wrote: but isn't that the consumers fault? there is different stuff out there but everyone chooses to buy the same old sh!t.

most DJ's don't have the balls to play something a bit different. they all want to play it safe and be the same. i wonder why they never get gigs?
as you know from marketing that opinions can also be formed. people tend to be lazy. they listen the charts from some heros and the top ten etc. opinions can be made. you see that every day. "oh its in the chart of blah, must be good".."id this track: blah blah played"...
if someone tells you the same again and again you´ll start to believe it. i talk about the masses of the average customer. not the nerds etc....thats how such systems work. and if you are not stupid you can work with that.
best example for that yeke yeke remix hawtin played some time in every set. suddenly everyone wanted that old remix. got repressed etc...stupid? normal? whats behind that behaviour? why companys got paid to put songs on radio for airplay? to build a demand etc...nothing new.
so we have the charts. promoters look at it and say:"dood he´s in the chart. must book the guy." label sais:"oh i got into the chart with that sound/other label got into the chart with that sound, lets make more of that"....
so now i read some people buy more vinyl only. this stuff aint made for selling cause they cant sell much with it. the masses dont buy but the guys who want to present good music and buy it. ;)
common all this is so obvious. screams at your face.
the sales charts are something every idiot trys to meassure music. something that cant and shouldnt be meassured.

another example: remixes. you have average music as label or producer. buy always some remixes from good artists. your name pops up in the charts because of the remixes. again and again. so you promote your name. promoters see the name pop up. they dont care thats the remixes sell. not the original. and here we go again.
so is that about quality? or something that lasts longer till next wednesday?

rant off ;)
techno made me do it
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

although you're mostly right Deccard, I can only say: take your time to dig further below the surface and you'll find just as much great music on Beatport as on What People Play or whatever. That was also the case in the vinyl days: you also had plenty of dj's buying whatever Mr. Shopkeeper put in their hands 'because Dj X from Club Y plays it". Saying that that's Beatport's fault is changing history a bit :)

Still, I prefer WPP as well, but that's a matter of personal taste I guess. I just happen to like the labels that don't make it on BP but are available on WPP. But that doesn't mean that these are automatically better then the others. I would love it if more people ignored the banners, charts and reviews and just bought what their ears tell them, but I am not naive and I'm sure 99% of the dj's just buy whatever they tell them. The key is not to let it bother you :) We never get a banner, we don't sell at all, but it gives us the freedom that we don't have to please any followers with a certain sound so we can just release whatever we like. It's all good in the end :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

We dont always have banners/featured release, but always do quite well. Facebook is great for promotion for Beatport as is many of the forums on the web.

There is plenty of quality music that sells on Beatport, but the more niche stuff like the detroit stuff will always continue to sell better on vinyl.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

deccard wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Chris Lattner has got various remix offers plus a load of gigs off the back of his release on my label because his track was high in the charts for ages, the same can be said for Leif.
thats the business aspect. nothing to do with quality.
so if you want to end in the charts and get through that into the biz you have to make a certain sound. thats why the beatport genre charts all have almost similiar sounding stuff in it. its pretty obvious.
thats why labels release certain artists which do a certain sound that would fit into the charts. thats why beatport or the will to be efficient on beatport makes music boring. no experiments or stuff that sounds different cause they dont sell.
its a strange form of capitalism in electronic dance music. funny on one side.

It of course has to do with quality. Leif is a great example infact of someone making music in his own way and now doing well for himself. He had a no 6 with his last release for us. Sometimes things just take a bit longer then expected, but if you stick to your guns you will get there in the end. We had a no2 with Pawas too, who also makes music different to this generic conga bongo type stuff that you talk about. So I disagree with you. Yes if you make this generic stuff its easier for you to move forward at a quick pace, but to say you can only do it with the generic sound is incorrect.

You sound like you are fucked off that your music hasn’t done very well on Beatport, am I right in thinking this? I have been there for sure, but now I just get on with it and move forward. I care more about my vinyl sales as thats the format I play and love.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

well obviously i´m not amused about the system but i get my rewards and i dont need an extra job while doing music and my thing. so im better off than most of the guys i guess. :)
btw i dont say that there is only sh!t on beatport. it aint all that bad. but the flaws in the system are pretty obvious. 4 hours digging through beatport, 2 bleeding ears, 4 tracks bought and 14 euros gone!? well....
techno made me do it
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

deccard wrote:well obviously i´m not amused about the system but i get my rewards and i dont need an extra job while doing music and my thing. so im better off than most of the guys i guess. :)
btw i dont say that there is only sh!t on beatport. it aint all that bad. but the flaws in the system are pretty obvious. 4 hours digging through beatport, 2 bleeding ears, 4 tracks bought and 14 euros gone!? well....
I know a lot of people that search on sites like Juno or Decks, then head over to Beatport to download what they need. When I use BP I know exaclty what I'm looking for, so don't have to go through the new releases.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:
deccard wrote:well obviously i´m not amused about the system but i get my rewards and i dont need an extra job while doing music and my thing. so im better off than most of the guys i guess. :)
I know a lot of people that search on sites like Juno or Decks, then head over to Beatport to download what they need. When I use BP I know exaclty what I'm looking for, so don't have to go through the new releases.
I only go through new releases and charts shortly.
But I do use the 'my beatport' section a lot, favoring labels and artists that falls into my taste (this is like having a good friend working in the vinyl record store, handing me the releases he believes I like).