Logic or Reason ?

- ask away
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I have no doubt that some mad scientist out there has create an effects chain so elaborate and unique that it could be considered something new and different. I found some pretty crazy combinator effects chains on a dub website that were pretty impressive. Lots of complicated echos and such combined with other effects. There is lots of fun to be had.

There is lots of neat things you can do with the cv routing too. I have often wondered why they never created a device with the sole purpose of controlling cv. I know you can use the lfos from some of the synths but I would like to see a dedicated cv control unit. Maybe one you could create your own waveforms on.

While I am on the thought... I wish we could create our own graintables for the malstrom. That would be sweet.
Crazygoat
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Crazygoat »

Shepher_of_Anu: Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give Reaper a try as well!

Tomorrow my MIDI keyboard is coming, oh yeah!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Este wrote: Could you argue that although there are limited effect units within Reason (particularly the RV7000), you could come up with something completely new through routing various / multiple effects through a combinator?
thats the whole point of it. it's a modular system
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:There is lots of neat things you can do with the cv routing too. I have often wondered why they never created a device with the sole purpose of controlling cv. I know you can use the lfos from some of the synths but I would like to see a dedicated cv control unit. Maybe one you could create your own waveforms on.
Matrix Pattern Sequencer
RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
Spider CV Merger & Spliter
Thor can be used to convert CV to audio and audio to CV