building a dub/minimal/leftfield room in a 5000 sqft loft

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Android wrote:how will you grease the local and state law enforcement to ignore your rave den
club politics in US metro areas are run like govt in bolivia or some sh!t "boy this party, umm, yea, doesnt seem like you have any permits for this, yea you know thats really dangerous and we should probably call the fire marshall out here, and he should just shut this thing down. but umm, i mean i guess if you hired a couple of police officers to sit outside and keep watch, then, you know, we could just make it safe, and we wouldnt even need more than about $300"
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

are you serious, Stevesto, or just seen "we own the night"? :)
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

examples of the types of music I want to feature:

dubstep like:

faltyDL
Malla
Starkey
Headhunter
Mount Kimbie

techno like:

Deadbeat
Minilogue
Fluxion
Monolake
Pendle Coven

ambient like:

Bluetech
Kilowatts
Shen
Hol Baumann
Solar Fields

drum & bass like:

Icicle
Commix
Alix Perez
Sabre
Triad

so all ranges of tempo can be covered... but hopefully everyone I book will fit that cerebral, deep, clicky, dubby sound.

of course these artists probably pretty high demand and I might not be able to afford them...... but someone asked for specifics so these were off the top of my head.

as for permits... THATS WHY I DIDNT WANT THE BOOZE (mostly) but now after discussion with peers as well as a few internet threads it seems it is absolutely necessary. I do have a VERY specific vision.. the only thing that has swayed is the alcohol. No matter what happens it will always be something that has MANY services... variety is the spice of life... though it will all be tied together with the "dark, deep, dub" vibe.

heavies! rave den! don't discourage me! true issues though....... hmmm?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

well, its all about the audience then... do they exist (how many)? and will they come (and why should they)? and do you know them?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

thomasjaldemark wrote:well, its all about the audience then... do they exist (how many)? and will they come (and why should they)? and do you know them?
^^^ exactly. Them artists are niche and don't often work in places like London, so you could be fucked before you have even started. Perhaps put on a few events in spaces already in your city to test the water before taking the plunge.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Android wrote: how do you avoid a shooting at your club, and the public fallout after
seriously i wouldnt wanna live in a country were that scenario is even considered by club owners
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

stay well away from london then.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

in London clubs? i've heard stories but not enough to say it was common.