Where do you see...Electronic Music in 5 years

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Yep agreed. Smaller underground parties for me. It's hard though as nobody supports the smaller nights - you need a crew. I'm thinking about starting up a night somewhere in East, just need to find the right space.
absolutely - We started a night up DECKSAVERS - first one was good. Public Life next. Its been good fun - a lot of time and effort but its worth it :)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

More Vocal too, can see it going a tad more funkier - this is over the next year or so rather than 5!
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

muler0o wrote:raresh will release his first ep

dnb will go totaly dubstep

tech-house will not be a trend anymore
I think most dub step guys are going dnb?

Autonomic.
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

iainkerr7 wrote:

Autonomic.
I believe that to be the case. The amount of paint-by-numbers brostep guys in the States that are finding DnB to be this "new" earth-shattering genre of music is quite staggering. I think it's sinking in to them since the big mutiny of DnB artists for dubstep caused a little influence crossover :)

I don't see tech-house ever going away, though. It's more or less always existed, always will. It's just gone down the shitter over the last few years as it became trendy with the Loco Dice contingent.
muler0o
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by muler0o »

thefunnel wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

Autonomic.
I believe that to be the case. The amount of paint-by-numbers brostep guys in the States that are finding DnB to be this "new" earth-shattering genre of music is quite staggering. I think it's sinking in to them since the big mutiny of DnB artists for dubstep caused a little influence crossover :)

I don't see tech-house ever going away, though. It's more or less always existed, always will. It's just gone down the shitter over the last few years as it became trendy with the Loco Dice contingent.
yeah man...i'm talking about the 2009-2010 tech house...
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

muler0o wrote:
thefunnel wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

Autonomic.

yeah man...i'm talking about the 2009-2010 tech house...
What would that be, exactly? I've always considered tech-house to be one of the broadest genres...what Beatport defines as tech-house does not quite fit my take on it, for example. A lot of the material on Rekids label, for example, would fit squarely into tech-house the way I see it. But that's not the one and only. In the early 2000s, I'd consider guys like Trevor Rockcliffe, Bryan Zentz, Mr. G, even DJ Sneak to be making tech-house.

With techno slowing its tempo down so much since the minimal explosion, it's become even harder to define. Which, IMO, is fine. Techno and house have always been compatible in a night, and I wish more folks would see that.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

^^^^^

Maybe muler0o is thinking about the big house 2.0 wave, the deep house, hand-bag house, loop house.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

thefunnel wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

Autonomic.
really? it's been the other way round in the UK.
it can only be a good thing for dubstep if americians stop making brostep.