Hey Americanos

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

mizzdirekt wrote:Forced Exposure is one of my favorites as well, but you kind of have to know what you are looking for.
not really... just open another tab and use beat port for sound samples. :)
cloutier wrote: and just going back to how things used to be.
I feel you. it took me to finally having a digital platform..... to appreciate vinyl on a whole other level.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

http://www.downtown304.com/

Vinyl in the US. They're in New York.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

cloutier wrote:
Emote Music wrote:Not sure if you were directing this to me, Eric, but I'm not trying to gripe - just emphasizing the difficulty in finding good vinyl. I love that you are trying to go back to all vinyl and CDs, and say more power to you. Did you go with a hybrid vinyl/traktor set when you were in Denver for Halloween, or was it all Traktor?
its not directed at you, per say, more so at a majority of people that just gave up on even trying to find vinyl. take of that what you will, but it seems that a lot of people are quick to champion the wax, but they sure don't seem to take much of an effort in to supporting the medium.

when i was there, it was about 70 / 30 traktor to vinyl. i've been doing a lot of vinyl only sets recently, though.
Just got back from a gig in Germany and I was he only one playing vinyl. Everywhere I play people either play from cds or from a laptop. We are defo in the minority.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

::BLM:: wrote:
cloutier wrote:
Emote Music wrote:Not sure if you were directing this to me, Eric, but I'm not trying to gripe - just emphasizing the difficulty in finding good vinyl. I love that you are trying to go back to all vinyl and CDs, and say more power to you. Did you go with a hybrid vinyl/traktor set when you were in Denver for Halloween, or was it all Traktor?
its not directed at you, per say, more so at a majority of people that just gave up on even trying to find vinyl. take of that what you will, but it seems that a lot of people are quick to champion the wax, but they sure don't seem to take much of an effort in to supporting the medium.

when i was there, it was about 70 / 30 traktor to vinyl. i've been doing a lot of vinyl only sets recently, though.
Just got back from a gig in Germany and I was he only one playing vinyl. Everywhere I play people either play from cds or from a laptop. We are defo in the minority.
You definitly are a minority... Maybe 10% of DJs mixes 'Real' vinyls... and maybe 20% of DJs knows how to mixes with real vinyls...

Ps. I haven't done a scientific research!, those %'s are my guess looking at the Montreal DJ scene.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

agreed BLM, I will be the only one at my gig to play records. All i ever see them used for is to prop up CD wallets!