A request for the netlabels in general!!.

- free art
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Zero:onE wrote:Mr. minimalnet you don't have to give any answers to me, you just have to accept that you are so very bored making id3 tags that you just want other people to do it for you! Is it that difficult for us to make the netreleases look like the other netreleases we have in our hard drives? You just don't want to make any more work that you are already doing for your blog! If you just like netlabels for what they are you shouldn't be asking for anything more!!

cheers,
alex.
That's no argument. The Netlabel has to do it only one time in the correct way. If every user would correct the filenames and id3 tags by themselves, this would be a waste of hundreds of hours. Think about it.

The Netlabel scene is a community and we are part of it. I'm happy, if only some accept this and change their files in the future.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Yeah! And make real music too, give us some Justin Timberlake!

I'm sorry but this thread make no sense to me, i mean, wow, we don't pay but still want something and have the nerves to say that it's for someone else's sake?! Come on...
_minimalnet_
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _minimalnet_ »

After reading some opinions in this post now I understand why there is so much noise in the netlabels. I am sorry to be hard but my patience has a limit.

Seems this post annoying to some people, and I ask: something free must not have quality control?.

I do not agree in that, the quality is the first, for this reason in my blog I comment with freedom, and if a rel is bad I say it, although generally, for education, simply I prefer ignoring it.

If we do not demand quality this movement, the netlabels, will not evolve and will end up by dying. It is necessary to be serious. To be free does not exempt to being qualified as any other reference, I am not going to beatify nobody by gives free its music.

Its free, AND?

To be free is not the unique necessary thing in a netlabel, the quality in all the aspects, it is equally important.

If by saying this I am bad person, brilliant!!, I am happy to be the official bad user here!!!.

For me, finished topic.

signed: MinimalNet, the devil
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

I still agree with _minimalnet_ ^^'
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
choenyi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by choenyi »

tomashaas wrote:iy you use a good encoder and your mixdown is okay 192kbps will be really enough even for playing in clubs with traktor.
:wink:
Most of you even dont hear anything different to a 256kbps mp3, so huuu?
Can't personally listen to anything below 256 and for this reason would not play or collect.

Also agree with minimalnet. Am very very grateful to everyone for the whole movement in every aspect but this argument is practical and serves the entire movement and community and its credibility as well. Ta
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

>iy you use a good encoder and your mixdown is okay 192kbps will be really
>enough even for playing in clubs with traktor

erm no thats not true..i have a couple friends which use final scratch,serato etc
and 192 is just not enough for clubs ..maybe if its really good encoded, but
most of the times its not..

personally i prefer 320bit and you surely will notice a difference between
192 and 320bit simply by listening to it ..unless you got shitty speakers :)
choenyi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by choenyi »

0x7f wrote:surely will notice a difference between
192 and 320bit simply by listening to it ..unless you got shitty speakers :)
Exactly.

Like before said, argument in toto is practical and supportive of the entirety. No aesthetic or participatory/editorial intention what-so-ever ...

Indeed, what most love most, probably, I imagine, is the diversity possible within this ;)

But nonsubjective quality is something for which (imho) all should strive.

OK, with love, keep it UP DOWN UP anyway I think it's about thread-closing time goodnight OK ok LOVE!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

idealstandard wrote:Yeah! And make real music too, give us some Justin Timberlake!

I'm sorry but this thread make no sense to me, i mean, wow, we don't pay but still want something and have the nerves to say that it's for someone else's sake?! Come on...
mm... just admit that you'd prefer to have all these things setup properly for you...

i guess in reality the quality netlabels have good naming, encoding, album art, etc... the other ones... well who gives a fck its like buying a white label. haha...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest