Detroit and spaces Synths

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sauce wrote:
sorgenkind wrote:never fck history, because of the history we are here now, important is not to be stuck in it but never fck history, never forget your roots, culture and traditions because is what we are made of

Bullshit. Nothing holds us, as humans, back more than "culture and traditions". It just promotes separatism and inhibits a sense of union.
Nicely said.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

I agree that bunch of new guys roaming around asking how can You achieve this sound or that effect can be a real pain in the ass, but I really think You should think a bit more before listing them in Your table of lamers.

Finding out a way how to make some kind of effect You really like can help You copy something, but it can reveal to You steps of process. You can make symphony without knowing the notes, but learing notes can help You do it, BIG TIME. In electronic music monopoly of note systems is gone, but new atoms of music are bilions of tricks floating around cyberspace for tweaking your synths, samplers etc.

If You know the solution for this trick, spit it out. If guy is a lamer he will use it, but laming the music will never going to get anyone anywhere. If he is not, he will learn something out of it, and by this maybe he will create something new. Maybe not...

And if You don't know anyhting about it, wtf is so loud in this few words that bunch of connaiseurs just NEEDS to pick and flame on new guys with deep wisdom of YOUR OWN WAY. Maybe You should think about Your need to point ant laugh at someone for who You think is worse than you.

People just forgot what helping is. We can do it all alone, but point on ONE man here who did anything really alone. You hear or read stuff all the time around. If there are no guys sharing real knowledge and skill around, there will be nothing new happening around.

You want old wisdom? repetition is mother of knowledge. And when You know something, you can manipulate the facts and tricks in new combinations, creating something new.

And for guy asking this question, i have advice. Asking question this stupid is not going to bring You anywhere. At least try to explain what sound. Massive bass with distortion? Chord like harmonics? Whirling atospheres? Electronic buzzing? Try to listen to it, separate sound You like from rest of track, try to hear the real beginning of it, and end. try to put it in words, or just sample it out of track and post it. Then You can ask and really explain what do You really need. And if only thing You can find out about music you like is the label and genre, and if only inspiration for you is to sound like something, just avoid music production in big circle.

Sorry for taking space and time for this, but it really bugged me to see bunch of really creative guys acting like bunch of hungry dogs waiting for someone new to ask something and then flame him up as torch on his own shame of not knowing the big mistery of creativity. Give some tricks, or just shut up. As much as stupid questions are repeating, stupid answers are following, and maybe leading, because for every novice wanting to become Gaiser, there is 20 Artists flaming him for being new.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

ArhiteK wrote:........ Give some tricks, or just shut up.......
you might as well follow your own advice too... im sorry but your post makes no sense man. first you plead for tolerance, then you flame the guy yourself for "asking a stupid question"... by the way he didnt need to explain more about the sound because pretty much everyone here knows what sound he's after.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

the poster asked a perfectly legitimate question, and i dont think anyone was flaming him, Torque's response put it in perspective thats all.
i quite often hear people talk about a detroit sound, but detroit techno is very diverse, you just cant pin it down to a particular synth.
_ToneDef_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by _ToneDef_ »

steevio wrote:the poster asked a perfectly legitimate question, and i dont think anyone was flaming him, Torque's response put it in perspective thats all.
i quite often hear people talk about a detroit sound, but detroit techno is very diverse, you just cant pin it down to a particular synth.

MANY THX steevio, is just what i only have done.....make a inocent question but here are too many masters & gods and is no place for newbies and terrenal people.

Ok, the next time i will think too many times my question because the GODS could have been a bad day and a terrible thing coudl happen to me!!

BRRRRRR i don´t want to think about it....
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

just concentrate on the positive/helpfull replys to your question... on any forum u get that type of god, in this life too so just have them go un-noticed.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

S wrote:just concentrate on the positive/helpfull replys to your question... on any forum u get that type of god, in this life too so just have them go un-noticed.
agree.
and i underline CONCENTRATE on POSITIVE,
but READ OTHERS aswell, and laugh if u can :D
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

betzy wrote:
S wrote:just concentrate on the positive/helpfull replys to your question... on any forum u get that type of god, in this life too so just have them go un-noticed.
agree.
and i underline CONCENTRATE on POSITIVE,
but READ OTHERS aswell, and laugh if u can :D
betzy hows that firewire solo working out for you?
signatures suck