ableton compressor (sidechain)

- ask away
Passakaglia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Passakaglia »

oh i am not offended @ all : if you read top of the conversation was an other issue !
But we are talking the same lenguage :•)
we are not ducking here a surf table !.........we are ducking a certain amount of frequency ...........and if you do not use a the sidechain filter : what good does it make to its procedure ?? what are u ducking?

believe me .........i am grateful to use logic ........and when i tell you that is not really simple using logic ..........is that because not all fast ways are best one's!
Any how , in my view : syncronizers : logic , ableton , cubase , protools , .........they do one thing !
they syncronize data : music or video .
So u can imagine what compressor do !
ingredients can slightly change ....but the recipes is still the same !
isn't !
Passakaglia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Passakaglia »

by the way i use daily ableton : i rewire my ass off n logic : just because .....i really like how live can mess up with transient and mostly i like to mix the 2 DAWs........creating new textures ....but this is an other issue........cheers
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

why make everything so over-complicated an SAE-nerdy? Using the ears combined with experience and talent is often worth more than alot of the theory talk.

As I stated earlier in this thread: to me live's compressor is superb for sidechaining (no matter if simply by feeding another channel or/and using the filter section). I did try or own/use several 3rd party compressors for this purpose, but the simplicity in using live's comp beats them almost every time and to me the sidechain thing is just a nice glue/pump/rhythm-izing helper - nothing to be overrated.

If someone's not fine with it, then go with Sonalksis, Softtube Tubetech, Stillwell Rocket, go with Logic or whatever....that simple :)
Passakaglia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Passakaglia »

amen for all of it Miro
I do respect the fact that ears , talent , method , etc will bring you where ever you like it !

I respect the fact that you like ableton compressor: i use them too ......not for sidechain ....but i use them !.moslty you can fit any precise amount in any knob

there is just something awkward here :
..that is the first time that an ableton user says ......"with logic is simple" .................but i respect that too :•)

by the way :
you don't need to go to S.A.E to learn those things .......in fact in S.A.E they do not talk about sidechain compressor ........except if you manage to bribe the teacher , change the year schedule , subjects and everything .but then they would have to change the class in every city around the world :•/ where S.A.E. has institutes :::::::::not possible!

Please,
with my talk before : i was not trying to offend anybodies knowledge ........don't be up set cause i was try to share my experience !

believe me , time ago ......and even today .......i would've love to encounter people and be enriched by music tech talks ................

so let's try to not limit by our own knowledge , thinking :" I know enough"

for all do i know ........i won't never stop to go deep .......and try knew thing ............in fact i don't just sidechain compressor of logic ......i use 3rd party too .....cause each compressor suite for certain things .......
like very much fab filter comp C
which allows you to make (MId Side) side chain compression .......or even my analog focus rite ...........
any how you got the idea !

Music should unite people ............
amen
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

LOL he didn't mean what you think he means... far from...
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

I personally NEVER stop expanding my knowledge or think "I know enough"
but for real tech talk I go to other forums :P

Of course plugin compressors (esp. when HW modelled) have their own sound but I think the topic was the sidechain function in Live's compressor and to me sidechaining isn't as
delicate as talking about the character of some modelled compressor with lots of its own sound. But that's just my opinion. And M/S processing is a totally different story to me ;)

I may be a bit close minded to talk a lot about techy things in here. this must be related to so many facepalm worthy threads I see in here now and then...so I leave it to others.
I just made my contribution to this thread, defending Live's (constantly underrated) compressor, which is an extremely flexible and cool tool with more options than most compressor plugins out there.
Passakaglia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Passakaglia »

i really support that too : in the end ..........one should use what really fulfill it's need ............may be it was not echoing in my words before : but i am extremely in love and in a deep re search with sidechaining that .........brands of software , algorithms , linear or exponential ......really matter untill a certain point ........after that .....experience reflected in torcing knobs .....
.......more over until know i was really paranoid about one question:

" this was posted in Logic Forums " : no one responded "
the fact that i am put this here is because soon or later even other softwares user could bump into this issue......here we go :::

""taking in consideration that i do filter_sidechain compress most of my channels ,@ the moment of recording individually each channel (for mastering purpose ) how can i still maintain the signal to which is sidechained (mute) not loosing that complicity between 2 textures!
my main platform is logic ! any idea,link,...manual that can show different perspective??"""

After many failure ......i 've found soultion ..........and it was the most simple one ...............

peace!