Detroit and spaces Synths

- ask away
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

Torque wrote:I'm sorry but i have to jump in on this one, i can't resist.

The thing that makes Detroit techno sound the way it does has nothing to do with the synths and has everything to do with the mood of the music. Everybody was using the same equipment to make techno from the beginning all over the world but yet nobody sounded like Detroit cats really except Detroit cats. You can make any synth in the world sound like a Detroit Techno kind of synth if you play it like they do.

Detroit is a discipline, not a preset.
He is right its about the city it affects us...
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

damn...this thread is reason in and of itself... our scene is standing still..

everyone is so serious... how can you capture freedom and emotion when things are so thick..

what happened to being yourself and expressing what is inside your (own) self...

just my thoughts but their are (2) reasons why in 2005 produced more great music than the past two years combined...

1. everyone was experimenting from within.

2. people were weren't trying to sound like someone else..

as it states in plasters signature.. everyone is their own masterpiece.. share yourself with the world... don't sell yourself short by skipping yourself..

the world is very thirsty for new thoughts / ideas / expression not ones that have already been done before.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

john clees wrote:everyone is so serious... how can you capture freedom and emotion when things are so thick..

what happened to being yourself and expressing what is inside your (own) self...

This is why I don't ever plan on music being my career. I could give two shits if I make a dime off anything. The reason I love music is because it is my escape from the real world. It lets me expres myself and have fun and take away all other things on my mind. It sets me free.

I used to paint cars for fun, doing all kinds of cool custom stuff. Then I turned it into a career. Eventually I went to collision work doing the same sh!t over and over again because the moneys better. Now I hate painting cars.

I see a direct relevance to my music with this and I wouldn't want to ruin what music is for my by taking it too seriously.

I think alot of people immitate not for learning purposes but to try and make tracks that other people will like instead of making something that expreses their creativity.

I can't say Im innocent because many styles rub off on me now and again but I just try and make whatever crosses my mind at the time. I don't really have a goal for a track till Its almost done.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

victorgonzales wrote: I think alot of people immitate not for learning purposes but to try and make tracks that other people will like instead of making something that expreses their creativity.
On ze money!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote:
I can't say Im innocent because many styles rub off on me now and again but I just try and make whatever crosses my mind at the time. I don't really have a goal for a track till Its almost done.

I stopped listening to music completely. It helps.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.