Hearing damage, Hyperacusis !

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AVX23 wrote:A lot of the time they see it as self inflicted I guess, mine did initially say 'it's probably all the loud music you listen to' when in fact it's more to do with a dodgy immune system and having a bad cold which lasted all winter.
AVX my experience is very similar... i've pm'd you id like to know more about what you've done to fix the issue.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I came back from the doctor today...

He said that my ears were perfect, with no lost...of course they are perfect! I've got so good tastes in music... ahah

BUT I told him about hyperacousis... and answered me that in most of the cases, it is psychological...

BLAH

I'm so stressed that I'm now afraid of sounds. Have you got some advices to forget it and relax? It is the first situation in my where that I can't control myself...everytime I hear aluminium paper or other crystalin sounds I fear... sh*t! I may have lost my ears and my balls at the same time.

:lol:
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

* in my life where I can't control myself...*
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

@ Hydrogen - done mate - hopefully will be of use man, let me know how you fare :)

@ Dragonsand - the cure for hyperacousis is to listen to lots of drop bass, stormcorps, praxis and network 23 records, this will set you up to take any punishment on yer earholes and fear nothing !! (Other than perhaps terminal insanity or the desire to murder old ladies) :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Dragonsand wrote:I came back from the doctor today...

He said that my ears were perfect, with no lost...of course they are perfect! I've got so good tastes in music... ahah

BUT I told him about hyperacousis... and answered me that in most of the cases, it is psychological...

BLAH

I'm so stressed that I'm now afraid of sounds. Have you got some advices to forget it and relax? It is the first situation in my where that I can't control myself...everytime I hear aluminium paper or other crystalin sounds I fear... sh*t! I may have lost my ears and my balls at the same time.

:lol:
hi mate did you not read the thread, how my mate and myself got rid of it ?,
read again, we both got rid of it almost instantaneously, if we could do it, so can you. its 90% psychological bruv.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Oh yes I read! And I experienced the same from wednesday til yesterday. I was in Berlin with a friend, and thought less about hyperacousis. The result is that I heared everything like before. The sound of music did not hurt my ears (I was @club der visionaere), the voices of a lot of people talking did not hurt my ears, even the sound of the phone ringing did not hurt my ears like before.

When I came back home today, all alone, symptoms seem to come back a bit, and the harsh and strident sound of recorded videos you take with your cellphone made my ears having these weird pulsations/vibrations.

I fear the silence now, ahah.

This little experience proved me that it can be psychological... I hope my ears are safe, really.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8429715.stm - more studies on the subject. Very cool!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

to steevio

i did not read all the posts only the 2 firsts

I dont agree 100% with what your saiyng generally i dont have a great confidence in the health sistem etc (some doctor s are plain incompetent overprotected,
the farmaceutical companies are money making machines to some extent etc)

but

its not true ALL the doctors are incompetent dont u think thats like saiyng i dont trust musicians they are all junkies who cant put up a tune

of course there are hearing doctors who are really good and can actually help u a lot more that u can imagine

so if u look at the risk + the benefits of searching for a good hearing doctor

im sure u will be glad u did it , of course it will cost u time and money

but hearing is priceless

Im not in the UK but my sugestion would be , just find a good honest hearing doctor , and you will be much better

i have no doubt if time passes u will be forced to find one

all the best