liveset with just a drummachine

- ask away
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

Some great loops in there, really something I could listen to, a lot. Keep it up! :) Makes me really want to get a machine drum, but there are other things I have to get first, unfortunately.
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Here is another try, still to rough to my taste, but getting there. This is a selection of "deep" patterns, to get me to practice more chilly stuff, tweaking individual sounds.

Some sh!t goes wrong: feedback at the beginning, and when resampling often I'd get a 1 bar loop. Also the MD has a bug that is annoying the hell out of me that leads to elementsb eing introduced sounding awfully wrong at first (so some of the bass is way too loud when it comes in). But enough with the self-criticism, here it is:

http://bl0rg.net/~manuel/deepset.mp3
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

Man, MDs still have that kind of bug? I had one of the first 100 made and it always had a bug similar to that- even after tons of updates. It used to be that if you started a pattern with certain sounds muted, it would play the muted sounds anyway the first time through. So you had to go and make another pattern without the muted sounds to play the first time. Elektron apparently hasn't solved the problem- they've mutated it. Oh, well.
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Yeah, still has quite some bugs. This one appeared with the new OS. On the one hand it's nice, because you get pleasant surprise, on the other hand, not so cool when playing live.
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Hey peepz, here is another test recording, actually the last I'm going to do before playing this live in the club tomorrow and next week. I'm quite with the way it all came together over these 2 months, starting with having no clue about minimal at all, then slowly building up a way to keep my flow with the hardware I have, and be true to myself.

This recording is a mix of the "leftover" patterns, patterns I haven't soundchecked (so you hear me adjusting the bassdrum sometimes), patterns I don't particularly like, patterns that are not "finished". At first I though it was all shitty, but actually I think it is pretty cool, this definitely would be cool if I played it like this in the club. It's 1h long, mys et tomorrow will be more like 3h, I hope I can keep the focus :)

http://bl0rg.net/~manuel/shittest.mp3

Again, thx for all the help. I think I'll come back when I'll have questions about laying down tracks, which is something I haven't really attempted yet.
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

So where are you playing?
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

in freiburg in a club, from like midnight to 2:30 am or something. it's gonna be sweet :) I'll show up early and tune my subs a bit, cause I have no way to really check that at home.
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

I hope you're recording it... :P