that first song

- open
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Funny to admit but the first mnml tracks I heard were Villa's Easy Lee & Dexter (played by Liebing :o )

But it took about 1,5-2 years until I was entirely minimal...
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

daft punk - around the world, I was 10 years old ;)

And I was really afraid by josh wink - don't laugh.

Sorry, I've not read properly ...

First minimal tracks were stuff from robert hood I guess, minimal nation EP is the one !
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

first 'minimal' track that really got me hooked was ricardo villalobos - what you say is more than i can say. i never understood minimal until i saw loco dice and clive henry at the end in london on new years day 2006. they played individually, then went back to back for a couple of hours unexpectedly. i couldnt believe the sounds i was hearing (hifi speakers and walkman's just dont pick them up lol), and the obvious ones like 'love dose' and dub kult 'on and on' stick out too, but when they dropped that villalobos track my jaw just dropped! ive never looked back since and the tune has been a favourite since. its without a doubt still my favourite track and i dont think i'll ever get bored of it, or stop playing it!

as for the first track that got me into dance... well thats just too embarrasing to recount :wink:
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I discovered "minimal" techno thanks to context free media several years ago. The first track I heard was "Warm Road" by Sutekh. I was amazed. Since then, I listened to everything on context free media, discovered Murcof and Portable. They are my teachers.
no0dlesny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by no0dlesny »

In 97 - Lekebusch - Reverted.
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

I don't have a particular song either. I was at a festival, Coachella, all hyped up to see some trance, (PVD was on deck) and Richie Hawtin played some great music that really got me started and I never looked back.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

For me it was one track particular.
I kept listening to hiphop while my friends start following the house music genre. The first track I heard and thought it was amazing was Tricky Disco with Housefly. Since then I was completely hooked.
I still like the track and it can still be played!
Last edited by -ix on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

sort of two records for me. it was 1998 and isolee-beau mot plague on danny tenaglia's back to mine cd just hit all the right spots for me at a time when i was mainly into house and progressive. skip ahead to 2000, wasserman-w.i.r. on sven vath's sound of the first season just killed me. i had to know more about this dark and mechanical sound. the rest is history.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"