Claude VonStroke - Who's afraid of Reason?

- ask away
elektrodik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elektrodik »

seth troxler is using reason too
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Matt Dear is (or was) using it too.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I think i read somewhere that more people use reason than Logic, Cubase, Sonar and Live all together.
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

i used to use reason for everything about 3 years ago. but then moved on to live. the reason why i did that was because it was way easier to mess around with audio files.

nonethless, im thinking of upgrading to reason 4 and rewiring. should do wonders. :)

video bought back some great memories of using subtraktor, malstorm, nn-xt...sigh..
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

come on... does anyone seriously believe that claude vonstroke would sit down and make a video about how he made his hit-track on just one piece of software? its obvious he was paid to do it... he said himself he used external gear to create the sounds. so how come he "made the track on reason"... funny stuff
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

s.k. wrote:come on... does anyone seriously believe that claude vonstroke would sit down and make a video about how he made his hit-track on just one piece of software? its obvious he was paid to do it... he said himself he used external gear to create the sounds. so how come he "made the track on reason"... funny stuff
yeah.....gets you thinking ha?
he said he does a lot of sampling though....
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

isaaclevy wrote:
s.k. wrote:come on... does anyone seriously believe that claude vonstroke would sit down and make a video about how he made his hit-track on just one piece of software? its obvious he was paid to do it... he said himself he used external gear to create the sounds. so how come he "made the track on reason"... funny stuff
yeah.....gets you thinking ha?
he said he does a lot of sampling though....
I don't know anything about that but again, there's a lot you can do to use recorded sounds simply by the way you can route audio. You can rex something like a musical part up or a beat and use the groove to modulate something else via CV routing but that's just the tip of the ice berg.Pretty much any audio source can be used as an LFO shape to create interesting BPM sync'd pitch envelopes or filter envelopes etc etc.
royen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by royen »

Well, first of all, I don't think the idea behind the Artist stories is "Reason is the only software you need" but rather "these 'professional' guys use Reason when they produce". It doesn't matter to Propellerhead if the artists they interview use Reason exclusively or as part of a larger setup: if (say) Claude Von Stroke can convince some of you guys that Reason is excellent for sequencing samples then thats a couple of potential sold copies of Reason.