Elektron - OCTATRACK ?

- ask away
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

my order is going in as soon as possible.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i guess it's just an early version of ableton live in a box.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

tone-def wrote:i guess it's just an early version of ableton live in a box.
Exactly. Only its a box that looks less like a typewriter and more like a techno machine. :D
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

It's Elektron. It's definitely gonna be cool.

Is it gonna be the right tool for you? Maybe... maybe not...

Does it make any sense to compare a hardware digital sampler to a bunch of analog synthesizers? Probably not...

Why do people really like to express opinions on a product that 1) they've never tried 2) it's not even out on the market?

Because it's the Internet, stooopid...

:shock:
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
spaceship
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spaceship »

I'm planning on picking up an Octatrack (hopefully) on the release date. I'm interested in how well it will integrate w/ my MD/MnM setup.
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

Barfunkel wrote:1300 euros is not much for something that you really love using. The Electribes are nice, but nowhere near the quality of Elektron. My Monomachine is perfect for me, 1300 isn't even that much, when you compare what gear used to cost in the 70's and the 80's.
They really saw you coming sucker :)

To be honest I quite like the machinedrum, but it really is still far too expensive for what it is. When I had mine I sampled the hell out of it for a year or so and then sold it. Now this thing I have to say doesn't look in very useful to me, its just an expensive toy that cant really do anything that reason or live can't do at 1/5th the price.

What they should have done is built 2 or 4 tracks of this kind of functionality into the machinedrum (& maybe 1 synth channel) and given the MD a USB interface for sample & program transfer, that would be a killer machine.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

TechnoMusic wrote: To be honest I quite like the machinedrum, but it really is still far too expensive for what it is. When I had mine I sampled the hell out of it for a year or so and then sold it. Now this thing I have to say doesn't look in very useful to me, its just an expensive toy that cant really do anything that reason or live can't do at 1/5th the price.
I've said it before, its all about whether or not you mind using a typewriter for music making. Nothing against Reason or Live, I use those programs sometimes, but the biggest mistake I ever made was sell off my original gear thinking computers were the future and the easy/fluid way to get things done.

It simply isn't for me. Typewriters don't make very good musical instruments for me.

I don't mind the price tag on some of these items because I want my music to be an experience for me and I need real physical interaction with my gear to get that experience.

If another person prefers a typewriter with a usb attached faderbox interface, so be it... to each his own.
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

some of you may have caught it already, but there's a guy on the elektron users forum who intends to purchase 8 octatracks! WTF?